Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

EB points and F-class on Air China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2010, 2:30 am
Original Poster

I was surprised to see the prices for business and first class ARN-PEK with CA. Business class is offered from 15 532 SEK r/t incl taxes (farebasis ZAPRTSE) and first class is offered from 23 352 SEK r/t incl taxes (farebasis AAPRTSE) - all booked through CA's Swedish web site.

Now, if I understand the point earnings with EB, you'd get the same amount of points for travelling with CA in business or first (200%). Could anyone confirm this, since I know that the SAS isn't really that good in updating their info on the EB pages.

Another thing is when it comes to lounges access, travelling on CA in first class from ARN would entitle you to use the Scandinavian lounge at ARN, right? How about lounges at PEK - does CA has a proper F-class lounge? I'm not too sure I can convince my employer to pay for F class, but just maybe since the price is about equal for SK C-class.

If anyone has any expericence in travelling in C or F on CA (they use a 777 from ARN), it'd be interesting to hear about it.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:07 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by SK989
I was surprised to see the prices for business and first class ARN-PEK with CA. Business class is offered from 15 532 SEK r/t incl taxes (farebasis ZAPRTSE) and first class is offered from 23 352 SEK r/t incl taxes (farebasis AAPRTSE) - all booked through CA's Swedish web site.

Now, if I understand the point earnings with EB, you'd get the same amount of points for travelling with CA in business or first (200%). Could anyone confirm this, since I know that the SAS isn't really that good in updating their info on the EB pages.

Another thing is when it comes to lounges access, travelling on CA in first class from ARN would entitle you to use the Scandinavian lounge at ARN, right? How about lounges at PEK - does CA has a proper F-class lounge? I'm not too sure I can convince my employer to pay for F class, but just maybe since the price is about equal for SK C-class.

If anyone has any expericence in travelling in C or F on CA (they use a 777 from ARN), it'd be interesting to hear about it.

There is a F-lounge at PEK, but I am not sure what the difference from the businesslounge is. We got access to F-lounge with EBG card. There are some really small showers there, hot dishes, good selection of drinks etc.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 9:49 am

The F lounge at PEK is a lot better compered to the Business lounge. It is spacier, better views of the aircrafts, has proper food offering (dim sum) depending the time of the day and a special tea room. It is one of my favourite lounges. Access with *G or F-ticket. Inside the lounge itself there is a special lounge, or rather a room, reserved for CA gold cards but it doesnt really come with anything extra apart from being more private. It has no windows for instance so I guess even elites entitled to use it doesnīt...
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Oh, it seems that I missed that F-lounge then the last time I was in PEK... I got only some soup
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: EBG

It is correct that you will get the same amount of points either you fly C or F.

If I remember correctly, CAs C class is more like TGs Premium Economy and First class is like Biz. The seats are very old style, without any fancy trimmings!

BFN@:-)
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:53 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
The F lounge at PEK is a lot better compered to the Business lounge. It is spacier, better views of the aircrafts, has proper food offering (dim sum) depending the time of the day and a special tea room. It is one of my favourite lounges. Access with *G or F-ticket. Inside the lounge itself there is a special lounge, or rather a room, reserved for CA gold cards but it doesnt really come with anything extra apart from being more private. It has no windows for instance so I guess even elites entitled to use it doesnīt...
Normally you can only access the business lounge with *G card. I was allowed into F lounge once when asking to use shower. I think the food is very similar in the two, and is only present at lunch and dinner time. I didn't see any difference in the lounges apart from the color.
Not very good lounges in my opinion. only Yinyang (from beijing) beer, which normally is not too cold. Fm lounge at PVG is much nicer!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: Confirmed
CA F on 330 will be great. 777 would be a disappointment.

CA lounges in PEK are indeed similar. F lounge has better food offering.

Although the rule says that we can't enter CA F lounge with a simple *G card - CA staff welcomed myself with EBG, my friend with United Wank and guests into it regularly.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:30 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB

I donīt know if this is relevant information for you since I flew economy discount last time. But I only recieved half the miles from Eurobonus compared to my wife who recieved full miles when she transfered to Thai Miles (Royal Orchid Plus). I complained to SAS about this as I couldnīt find any info. about this but the reply was only "you chose to put it to Eurobonus and thereīs nothing that we can do".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.