Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SGS UK strike at LHR Dec 22-23

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

SGS UK strike at LHR Dec 22-23

Just got an email from SAS regarding a strike by SGS UK at LHR 22-23 Dec. SAS says in the email that all flights will run as planned. Should i be worried that my luggage will not make it?
Old Dec 17, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold
No don't be. I can't say much for obvious reasons but suffice to say I'll be working and firmly believe we will be able to provide a decent (if not up to the usual standard) service for SK, TK, TG and EK (the other airlines we look after at LHR).
I would suggest to all online check in, and arrive a bit earlier than usual just in case - we currently have snow and LHR and snow usually don't mix well.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 11:59 am
Original Poster

thanks for the insight, much appreciated
Old Dec 21, 2009, 4:35 pm

Strike is cancelled/postponed. Hopefully, I can get home now although last flight out for 2 days on the 23rd is not great with the current weather the UK is having.

And having just paid £300 for a last minute ticket with bmi as his train ticket will not allow him to travel before the 23rd, grrrrr... weather.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold
Well, no cancelled flights for SK today due weather so hopefully same tomorrow. We did have a few delays but seeing the news we seem to have escaped the worst...so far anyway!
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: SK*G
I'm hoping for the best. We are travelling back to ARN on the 17:55@Christmas Day with our 13 days old little girl, born approx 6 weeks early and ruining her mothers business trip ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.