Search

Denied boarding - miles?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Denied boarding - miles?

Last week I was denied boarding (voluntarily) on SK AMS-CPH-HEL. Basically it all played out well, got rerouted on AY, arriving home 5 minutes earlier then should have on SK, got meal voucher, SAS voucher, etc.

The only thing unclear is - where would I get my miles? AY or M&M (my main *A prog) ?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The only thing unclear is - where would I get my miles? AY or M&M (my main *A prog) ?
Congrats for the bump! In these cases you can double dip - get the AY miles AND you can also request mileage credit for your original ticketed routing. If you were using Eurobonus it would be easy - just email/call/fax the member service, describing the situation and it should be pretty straightforward. This is the way it has always worked for me.

Since you are using M&M it will be somewhat more complicated, but first try contacting SK, since they are the ones who bumped you and should credit the miles for M&M as well. Be prepared to fight and request a supervisor if things don't seem to work the way they're supposed to.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Since you are using M&M it will be somewhat more complicated, but first try contacting SK, since they are the ones who bumped you and should credit the miles for M&M as well. Be prepared to fight and request a supervisor if things don't seem to work the way they're supposed to.
That will be a problem..they will push you between them...Sk memberservice will not do that much for you since you are not their member. They cannot push miles from an unflown sector to an account outside of EB so they are more or less locked in helping you...

Better to contact customer relations or make M&M contact SAS.

Last edited by Balboa; Oct 19, 2009 at 3:13 pm Reason: Corrected
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:05 pm

Contact SAS CR, not Eurobonus. Don´t mention anything about you crediting miles for the AY flights, there is no way *A can double check that and you are indeed entitled to miles as per the original routing.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. I DO have an EB account, so I might try to have SK credit to that one, if that seems more likely to go through!

EDIT: After sending the BP copy to AY, the points already posted on the AY account. Round 2: getting the miles for a *A account

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Oct 26, 2009 at 3:11 pm
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK, anyone has any idea how to escalate this?

SAS CS said "no flight, no miles" "No way, Jose" says I.

Calling EB CS the guy in Estonia says "you'll get the mile, just send an email to [email protected]" So I did, but no movement on the EB account.

What/who's next?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:55 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
...the guy in Estonia says "you'll get the mile, just send an email to [email protected]" So I did, but no movement on the EB account.
Did you notice, on the EB website, on the 'register missing points' page, it says that when dealing with Bangkok

> Average handling time is four weeks.

From your original post, it looks like it hasn't even been four weeks yet since your flight.

Patience.

cheers,

Henry
Old Nov 5, 2009, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
OK, anyone has any idea how to escalate this?

SAS CS said "no flight, no miles" "No way, Jose" says I.

Calling EB CS the guy in Estonia says "you'll get the mile, just send an email to [email protected]" So I did, but no movement on the EB account.

What/who's next?
SK retro creit at BKK will take approx. 8 weeks to answer your email and to credit any points...

You should send the itinerary for the original booking and the AY BP's together with a short explanation in English that you have been in-voluntarily rerouted and would like to have points for the original booking. I have done that in the past with success.
Send it to SK retro in Stockholm who will forward it to BKK. 8 weeks will still be the processing time - very annoying.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
SK retro creit at BKK will take approx. 8 weeks to answer your email and to credit any points...

You should send the itinerary for the original booking and the AY BP's together with a short explanation in English that you have been in-voluntarily rerouted and would like to have points for the original booking. I have done that in the past with success.
Send it to SK retro in Stockholm who will forward it to BKK. 8 weeks will still be the processing time - very annoying.
Thx! 8 weeks? OMG, what are they doing out there in BKK?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:18 am

Thx! 8 weeks? OMG, what are they doing out there in BKK?
What would you do in BKK?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
If the op is wanting to credit to M&M (see first post), why are people suggesting dealing with SKEB????

Send to M&M an explanation and copy of the BP and itinerary with fare basis and e-ticket number and in a couple of weeks all will be credited. M&M will confirm with SAS that you were booked and ticketed with SK and were rerouted.

Just route it all through M&M

Mark
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
If the op is wanting to credit to M&M (see first post), why are people suggesting dealing with SKEB????

Send to M&M an explanation and copy of the BP and itinerary with fare basis and e-ticket number and in a couple of weeks all will be credited. M&M will confirm with SAS that you were booked and ticketed with SK and were rerouted.

Just route it all through M&M

Mark
I think the OP changed his mind and is trying to get EB points - see post #5. If the OP is trying to get M&M miles the advice of Koru Flyer is spot on.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:00 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Okay I see. I still think the OP will have more luck with M&M than with EB in getting the miles. I once tried for a credit of a invol rebook from JK to IB to be credited and the sneaks in BKK actually contacted IB to find out that I had credited to QF and then refused to credit. Was not worth the argument...was it really worth the effort by SKEB for 125 miles!!!!
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Okay I see. I still think the OP will have more luck with M&M than with EB in getting the miles. I once tried for a credit of a invol rebook from JK to IB to be credited and the sneaks in BKK actually contacted IB to find out that I had credited to QF and then refused to credit. Was not worth the argument...was it really worth the effort by SKEB for 125 miles!!!!
Vow, I can't really imagine AY giving out FF data to SK, but you never know. As BKK is so slow, I might get it credited to M&M before they even touch my retro claim
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:21 am

I once tried for a credit of a invol rebook from JK to IB to be credited and the sneaks in BKK actually contacted IB to find out that I had credited to QF and then refused to credit.
Really? It sounds really dubious that IB would hand out this kind of information to other companies. It also sounds like a blatant violation of most countries data protection and privacy acts.

For the record I was once booked on KF BRU-HEL (remember those flights?) which was cancelled and I got routed over to AY, I obviously got full AY mileage (kilometreage?) and also the EB points, together with the promo points they were running for the KF flights back them simply by sending an email to the EB member service in Finland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.