Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco Greek Restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
San Francisco Greek Restaurant

We ate @ Kokkari in San Francisco, 200 Jackson St. in the financial district a few days ago. The best Greek food we have eaten. Very crowded restaurant and reservations are a must. Whole lamb and chickens roasted over wood on a spit in the main dining room. Appetizers $7 to $15, main courses $20 to $35 and desserts from $8 to $12. We each had a whole fish cooked over wood flame and they were both delicious.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM *Alliance Gold
You dined at one of the best restaurants in the city, and there is a reason it is perpetually crowded. Have been going there for 15 years, never disappointed. The Taramosalta and Tzaziki spreads on the homeade pita are a religious experience.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:13 pm

Being a Greek Australian - I would agree with the comments. Its lively and atmosphere is great!

Any great Greek places in Manhattan anyone can recommend?
Old Apr 18, 2009, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Being Lent and Holy Week when we were there 4/14/09, we also had the Taramosalata and it was better than the Tarama in Greece. It was really smooth and creamy. The manager said the restaurant used to be an Italian restaurant. Definitely worth a trip back next time we are in town. Hog Island Oyster in the Ferry Building was also a good meal with a great view.
Old May 5, 2009, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by ClarkKent
Being a Greek Australian - I would agree with the comments. Its lively and atmosphere is great!

Any great Greek places in Manhattan anyone can recommend?
It's probably better to look in the New York forum for that information, rather than the San Francisco forum....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.