Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help us find a great San Francisco hotel for $150

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Help us find a great San Francisco hotel for $150

We (husband and wife) are going to San Francisco the middle of Sept. and would like some help on where to stay. Maybe around $150. would be great.
We have only been there once and that was 20 yrs. ago. It's time to go back! Thanks for your advice!
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Check out Bidding for Travel and Better Bidding for winning bids and dates on Priceline Hotels. Priceline bidding has excellent coverage across the entire San Francisco Bay area. These websites will also list the hotels that participate with Priceline, and will give you their internet website link so you can get a look at the property.

For $150/night, you should be able to get a great four-star property (and probably for quite a lot less).

http://p070.ezboard.com/California--...anciscobayarea

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=432&
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I highly recommend you check the sticky at the top of the forum.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 1:49 am

Programs: CO, UA, who cares what level, that doesn't make me special, now does it?
Welcome to Flyer talk, please note from the sticky:

The purpose of this forum is clearly stated as "Discussion of hotel deals conducive to "mattress running" as well as pricing glitches and lowest price guarantees."

So, please, let's try to keep it to that. Similar to the Mileage Run forum, this forum is NOT for receiving help with your specific itineraries or looking for a hotel deal for the city you're planning on going to. FlyerTalk is NOT a travel agency service.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
Moving this one to the San Francisco forum.

VPescado
MR Forum Moderator
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
If you don't want to bid (otherwise, an excellent suggestion IMHO):

In your price range, many people suggest hotels operated by the Kimpton and Joie de Vivre groups:

http://www.kimptonhotels.com

http://www.jdvhotels.com
Old Aug 13, 2007, 1:48 pm
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
SF is a pretty good city for using Priceline. If you do, I suggest a 4* in USE or USW (Union Square East/West).

Personally, I always stay at the White Swann Inn, 2 blocks up Nob Hill on Bush St. The place is done up as an English country inn and all rooms have a fireplace.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:46 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
If you don't want to bid (otherwise, an excellent suggestion IMHO):

In your price range, many people suggest hotels operated by the Kimpton and Joie de Vivre groups:

http://www.kimptonhotels.com

http://www.jdvhotels.com

Hotel Rex is a nice place at around your price point (Its part of the Joie De Vivre Group). Its not the worlds greatest Hotel but it is value for money. Have a good trip.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Our Company has a special offer for "friends" visiting staff in the city.

Please PM me for details if interested, I cant post anything here as it would be too obvious.

Tried it twice by myself and was pretty satisfied ! ^
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold
Back in April we stayed at the Donatello for $185/nite, just down the hill from the Nobs . The rate included parking too!
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:43 pm

Programs: Many
Also checkout hotelres.com It sometimes has decent pricing.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:46 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Mid-September to mid-October tends to be the highest weeks in peak season hotel rates for San Francisco city locations. Deals may take a little more effort to locate.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
One word: priceline.com

My inlaws always use priceline when they come to visit. Normally they can get a 4* room downtown (or 3* Fisherman's Wharf) for $75-80/night, but during peak periods they have paid as much as $105/nt.

If for some reason priceline inventory is gone you can check tripadvisor for some popular recommendations. Personally I always send people to the Hotel del Sol, Capri Motel and Marina Inn, which are located on or close to Lombard street. The Sol and Capri are very quiet and don't rip you for parking like the downtown properties which will save you a lot if you have a rental car. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.