Wiki Posts
Search

$10 discount off parking at OAK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 6:53 pm
sy7
Original Poster

$10 discount off parking at OAK

I got this in an email from CO but it doesn't seem targeted. You simply need an email address to sign up.

There doesn't seem to be a minimum stay for the coupon, so if you only need 24 hrs or less, the long-term parking lot would be $5.

http://www.oaklandairport.com/parkin...TG&language=EN
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:47 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
This is a belated effort by the OAK operator (Port of Oakland) to begin to think about realizing that competition from the many off-airport private lots has "eaten the lunch" of the Port's lots. I used to park at the OAK econ. lot in the 90s when it was about $7/day and an easy walk to T1. Then when service fell and rates jumped into double digits I discovered the many private lots and never went back. About 1-2 months ago, the Port did a "study" that showed amazingly that the Port's lots' business was falling off. The Port concluded that its rates were too high. Hence, rates have been lowered a smidge and now a coupon campaign.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 2:52 pm

Programs: UPS - Think Brown
Thanks for the link.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Actually there's a more general form of it that links of the main parking page:
http://www.oaklandairport.com/parking.cfm

Not sure why they made a special CO one?

Yep, used it earlier this week. There does not seem to be any minimums on it, and it worked on 2 day parking in the Economy lot. And I saw a sample of that coupon posted on the inside of the toll booth in the hourly lot... In retrospect, I should have tried it while I parked to pickup my little brother. Free parking like Monopoly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.