Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car Service between SFO and the City?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Car Service between SFO and the City?

I often land at 10 pm, and stay in the city.

Can anyone recommend a car service?

Bart: It's late and I want minimal hassle airtrain to bart...
Taxis: Most drive faster than I prefer. I've paid a driver to let me out of the cab when I thought he was driving unsafe.

Any suggestions?
Old Oct 8, 2006, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
From time to time, I'll use Maya limousine. They charge $40 for Town Car transfer to the JW Marriott. I'm guessing most other hotels would be similarly priced.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 5:47 pm

car service

I have used Crystal Limousine Service for over 10 years. Eric Chau is the owner. Always on time. He also has towncars. Phone number is 415 956-8556. I have not used him from SFO to the city, but have used him from airport to Sonoma county.
Bob
Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:33 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
I would like to refresh this thread. I have a choice of either taking a taxi from W SF to SFO or a car service. How comparable in price are they, are taxis much cheaper? I saw Maya limo charges $45 and 20 % tip, so its in the mid fifities. How much would a taxi charge me for this trip? Any idea on other car service companies is very much appreciated
Old Aug 24, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
[bounce]

Any current recommendations for a limo service SFO-Union Square, ideally that can be booked online ?
Old Aug 24, 2008, 1:19 pm
In Memoriam

http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/tofro...to-sf/dtd.html
Old Aug 24, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
Originally Posted by underpressure
Thanks. I found that but was looking for a limo recommendation.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:42 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I have had decent success w/ Execucar, the limo service from SuperShuttle. They usually hire independent limo drivers and can be booked online (even w/ a AAA discount) at
www.execucar.com

Looks like Vergin now has an limo service - new so I don't know anything about it. Rates seem high ($75 SFO-San Francisco)
http://www.virgin.com/subsites/virgi...ines/rates.htm

When I had money (!) I would use Dav-El Limos - used them in SF and NYC, and they were great. Have no idea what current rates are but the website is below.
http://www.davel.com

If you have Amex Gold or above or Diners Club, you can call their concienrge lines for recommendations I have used Diners Club Concierge a few times (Madrid, upper NY State) for car services and never been disappointed.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
My limo driver, Aksu is reliable and I can highly recommend him. Anyone who would like his contact info may feel free to PM me.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stratofortress
From time to time, I'll use Maya limousine. They charge $40 for Town Car transfer to the JW Marriott. I'm guessing most other hotels would be similarly priced.
It's now $54 all-in to anywhere in the city.

I've just found a door tag for Pleasant Limo for $44-46 all in (I guess you have discretion on the tip/"service charge"). Anyone has experience with them (him?). Cabs from where I live are about $46-47 all in, so it might be a good time to try a limo out.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Re-bumping this up. I go Noe Valley to SFO nearly on a weekly basis. I usually call DeSoto cab but given the frequency, I'd rather try to find another more reliable and more comfortable option.

Any other recommendations for reliable and cost-effective limo/town car service for the SF <> SFO ride?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:46 am

Anyone know how much a cab is from SFO to the JW Downtown? $40?
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by RC0032
Anyone know how much a cab is from SFO to the JW Downtown? $40?
That's about right, with no traffic.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:24 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
My new favorite is Town Limo

After two VERY BAD experiences w/ execucar i gave up. I found Town Limo on Yelp and have used them several times over the past year - excellent service, clean cars, option for meet and greet or call the driver's cell. From SFO to our flat out in the inner Richmond district (quite a ways from downtown) is $70 incl tip etc. So I assume downtown is cheaper.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Shameless plug for my reliable, reasonably priced, and trusted driver of 3 years:

Erdogan Aksu
Limo Noir - Brisbane, CA
[email protected]
415-420-8181

Airport transfers, city tours, and towncar service in San Francisco

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.