Wiki Posts
Search

Berkeley Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 2:44 pm

Programs: UAL 1K
If visiting on academic business, try the women's faculty club

Originally Posted by CO FF
I need a hotel in Berkeley, as close to the University as I can be.
If you are visiting as the guest of an academic department, ask your host if you can be put up in the Women's Faculty Club. It is on campus itself and the rooms are very reasonable. The only downside is that you must have the arrangements made through the university itself.

Other than that, the Durant is probably the best choice in terms of being decent and near campus.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
As someone who has lived in the bay area for years and having gone to Berkeley for undergrad, I would strongly advise against staying in downtown Oakland, period. It's not safe. Seriously, if you are going to go through the trouble of taking BART, take it to San Francisco where tons of lovely and SAFE hotels await you.
YMMV. I never had any problems in Oakland - even when returning to IHouse in the wee hours after being at warehouse dance parties.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:13 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
CO FF did you wind up staying somewhere in Berkeley?

Please do tell!
Old Nov 12, 2006, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, IC AMB, AXP
Originally Posted by Beerman92
CO FF did you wind up staying somewhere in Berkeley?

Please do tell!
I'm curious to hear more too! Heading over there in January and would like to stay near campus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.