Search

Poor T-Mobile coverage at SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Poor T-Mobile coverage at SFO?

Is it just me or that T-Mobile’s coverage at SFO isn't very good. On both my iPhone 15 Pro Max and Pixel 8 Pro seem to have slow download speed and isn't always displaying 5G UC on the screen.
squeakr likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:39 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
T Mobile is terrible at many spots around SF proper

Originally Posted by lsquare
Is it just me or that T-Mobile’s coverage at SFO isn't very good. On both my iPhone 15 Pro Max and Pixel 8 Pro seem to have slow download speed and isn't always displaying 5G UC on the screen.
Not surprised it's true at the airport as well.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by squeakr
Not surprised it's true at the airport as well.
I had no idea! For day-to-day browsing, it's fine around SF. It's just when I need to download, something I find myself doing at SFO, that the slow speed becomes noticeable.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Doesn’t sfo have free decent wifi?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
Doesn’t sfo have free decent wifi?
I try to avoid public WiFi in North America. My TMO plan gives me enough data to use.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I try to avoid public WiFi in North America. My TMO plan gives me enough data to use.
You should just get a VPN if you don't trust public WiFi. There are so many places with weak T-Mobile signals but strong public WiFi like Disneyland. T-Mobile is not very strong there and in some indoor lines, you get no signal at all, but Disneyland WiFi is strong. Last thing you want is wait in a 90 min line and can't load anything on your phone LOL. Also when you try to load data with a weak cell signal, not only loading is slow, the worst part is that it really drains your battery fast.

Also for T-Mobile coverage, if you found yourself seems to be getting low bar 5G on your phone, change preferred network type to LTE from 5G. Most places with weak 5G get strong LTE, and unless you are watching 4K Netflix or something like that, you won't even noticed the difference in speed. Also LTE uses less battery as well.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.