Wiki Posts
Search

AC SFO Connection from UA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
AC SFO Connection from UA

I am flying SNA-SFO-YYZ-YYT tonight, first segment on UA, rest on AC.

I have never connected in SFO from UA to AC. before Everything else, I am totally familiar with.

It appears I can't move from Term 1, 2 or 3 without exiting security. So a couple questions:
  1. Can I get from Term 3 (E gates) to Term 2 (D gates) staying within security?
  2. I belong to the UA Club but there is none in Term 2 and no *A Club in Term 2. I could go to Term 1 but I think that has the same problem moving from Term 1 to Term 2? I want to go to the Club, but am cautious if I still have to clear security again as I only have less than 2 hours..
  3. The train appears to be ouside security, is that true?
  4. Any way to transit without going outside security?
Any help appreciated as am leaving at 7:15 tonight.

Thanks
Dave
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
You will have no problem walking from T3 to T2 via airside. Many AC elites use the T3 United Club before heading to T2 for boarding an AC flight.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA
I am flying SNA-SFO-YYZ-YYT tonight, first segment on UA, rest on AC.

I have never connected in SFO from UA to AC. before Everything else, I am totally familiar with.

It appears I can't move from Term 1, 2 or 3 without exiting security. So a couple questions:
  1. Can I get from Term 3 (E gates) to Term 2 (D gates) staying within security?
  2. I belong to the UA Club but there is none in Term 2 and no *A Club in Term 2. I could go to Term 1 but I think that has the same problem moving from Term 1 to Term 2? I want to go to the Club, but am cautious if I still have to clear security again as I only have less than 2 hours..
  3. The train appears to be ouside security, is that true?
  4. Any way to transit without going outside security?
Any help appreciated as am leaving at 7:15 tonight.

Thanks
Dave
You can walk from T3 to T2 airside. The UA Club lounge at the end of T3 closest to T2 is only a 5 min walk to the AC gates.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
You will have no problem walking from T3 to T2 via airside. Many AC elites use the T3 United Club before heading to T2 for boarding an AC flight.
There are two UCs in T3, the rotunda club in F Concourse and the newer club in E Concourse.

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
You can walk from T3 to T2 airside. The UA Club lounge at the end of T3 closest to T2 is only a 5 min walk to the AC gates.
Depending on where OP arrives, I'd suggest the rotunda club in F. It's considerably nicer than the E club. Though if OP arrives in E, it probably doesn't make sense to walk back to F.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Thanks worked great.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA
Thanks worked great.
Yes, the T2-T3 (D-E) airside connector is the most recent. One more to go: the B Concourse to C. Once that happens (a year or two), all SFO gates will be connected airside.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Though A to G or vice versa will still require walking "the long way around" to stay airside and avoid having to re-clear security (if not landside already as an international arrival).
Old Dec 10, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Though A to G or vice versa will still require walking "the long way around" to stay airside and avoid having to re-clear security (if not landside already as an international arrival).
Still more pleasant than the airside march at LAX T8 to TBIT
SPN Lifer and ryw like this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Still more pleasant than the airside march at LAX T8 to TBIT
Wasn’t even aware there was a T8!
Old Dec 10, 2022, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Visconti
Wasn’t even aware there was a T8!
Apparently United calls it Concourse 8:
​​​​​​​David
Old Dec 11, 2022, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Apparently United calls it Concourse 8:
I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but, you know, all this Terminal, Concourse and Mezzanine level stuff is way over my head, and just confuses me to no end. Gonna take me maybe 10 years to get the new SFO terminology scheme straightened out.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Visconti
I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but, you know, all this Terminal, Concourse and Mezzanine level stuff is way over my head, and just confuses me to no end. Gonna take me maybe 10 years to get the new SFO terminology scheme straightened out.
The levels are like at most airports. Baggage is at the bottom. The main level is for check-in, security and the gates. The top level is for the AirTrain.

I think it’s easier to think about the Concourse letters than terminal numbers. Concourse A is bottom right, and it’s the south wing of the International Terminal. Going counterclockwise from there, the domestic terminals are Concourses B, C, D, E and F. Bottom left is G, which is the north wing of International. A and B are connected airside with each other, and so are C through G.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.