Search

Tourist demonstrating vaccination status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Tourist demonstrating vaccination status

Will be visiting San Francisco next week.

Whats the easiest way of showing my (fully boosted) vaccination status?

Will places be happy with me showing my NHS QR code via Apple Wallet or will they prefer somethig on paper?

There doesn't appear to be a SF or CA app to do this like there in in say NY (where I was in January)
Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:45 am

A digital or printed copy of your NHS Covid Pass works fine, as long as it shows your name and vaccine doses. Few if any venues use QR code scanners, and if they did, a code issued in NY would work in CA as well since the same underlying platform (Smart Health) is used across the US.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I'll bump this thread up a year later to ask if anyone has been asked to see their vaccination card lately. I ask this question only for practical reasons. I can't recall being asked for mine in the last year, and I'm thinking of moving it from my wallet to my storage place for important documents.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
I'll bump this thread up a year later to ask if anyone has been asked to see their vaccination card lately. I ask this question only for practical reasons. I can't recall being asked for mine in the last year, and I'm thinking of moving it from my wallet to my storage place for important documents.
For sure, nowhere this calendar year, and probably many months back into 2022. I keep the physical card along with my passport, in the unlikely event I'll need it during travels.

Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by dhuey
I use the apple phone wallet vax card just like clipper so I have kept the legit vax card at home since 2022 and maybe even 2021.

I haven’t been asked about vax since 2022. I go to a lot of public indoor businesses like eateries, groceries, shops, airplanes, and other public indoor spaces.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:24 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I have not personally been asked this year but I have walked past a (very) few restaurants that at least had the sign for vaccination checks still in their windows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.