Wiki Posts
Search

Is SFO Doomed?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by exp

are there domestic destinations requiring tests? .
The Hawaiian Islands, which probably account for most of the COVID tests administered in California these days (for any purpose). I'll be having my third one this year very soon. Yay.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by exp
when did they loosen up those rules or has covid overtaken security concerns?
In recent years at least, I thought the major concern was traffic management in order to keep traffic moving. With not that many cars dropping or picking up passengers curbside enforcement has been lax during the pandemic.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
At SFO this past Thursday and yesterday. SFO-DEN on United. Didn't seem doomed. I took BART from/to North Berkeley station. Visited the Centurion Lounge on the outbound. Everything was pretty normal except for all the mask-wearing, you had to walk up and make requests at Centurion buffet, and I noticed the Polaris Lounge was closed when I walked past. Every seat full on both flights.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 11:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by exp
I guess also f you wer going to do a last minute test, you’d b out of luck in the International Terminal, because I didn’t see anything.
Probably need to look a little harder. Here's the locations where you can test at SFO, on the airport website, including a location in the international terminal:
https://www.flysfo.com/travel-well/covid-19-testing
Old Jun 21, 2021, 11:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by exp
UC club is closed, would have to go to Terminal 3, wherever that is.
Terminal 3 houses UA domestic. It's connected by a corridor in the secure area from the international terminal. Haven't been down it in a while, but I believe the corridor starts right next to the closed UA club in the international terminal.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 11:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by tom911
Terminal 3 houses UA domestic. It's connected by a corridor in the secure area from the international terminal. Haven't been down it in a while, but I believe the corridor starts right next to the closed UA club in the international terminal.
I just walked through that airside corridor twice in the last few days. The closed United Club in International-G is the former International First Lounge, located near gates G6-G9. The United Polaris Lounge is also closed, and that is right at the end of the corridor as you enter International-G. There is one open United Club located near F11. My guess is the United Club near E4 will open soon, but the Polaris Lounge and the Club in International-G will stay closed for several months because international passenger numbers are still very low.
tom911 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.