Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OAK, SFO or SJC airport to visit Tesla plant in Fremont, California

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Gold.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Listen to the wise man. He lives on a hill.
That is why I live on an island.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
As others have suggested, my preference would be 1) SJC, 2) OAK, then 3) SFO -- based on driving time. If there were a huge cost savings in flying to one of the less convenient airports I'd consider that as a tradeoff against travel time. Availability of first class seats into SFO-- not so much. The flight from PHX is 2 hours, not long enough to really put a premium value on a more comfortable airplane seat vs. having a 2x, 3x, or 4x as long car ride once you land. Not to mention, there's greater risk of weather delays into and out of SFO.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hi All,

I have a similar interest next week. I'm arriving into SFO on BA285 supposedly around 14:25. I'm booked on the factory tour at 5pm.

Is this achievable? I'd probably pick up a rental to get me there, although would use Uber/Lyft if required. Will have luggage to collect before passing through customers. Hopefully will have priority bags.

It was the only time I could make as the rest of my trip already busy. Any route recommendations welcome!

LF
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Hi All,

I have a similar interest next week. I'm arriving into SFO on BA285 supposedly around 14:25. I'm booked on the factory tour at 5pm.

Is this achievable? I'd probably pick up a rental to get me there, although would use Uber/Lyft if required. Will have luggage to collect before passing through customers. Hopefully will have priority bags.

It was the only time I could make as the rest of my trip already busy. Any route recommendations welcome!

LF
This is very doable so long as your flight isn't badly delayed. It would save you a bunch of time if you go with an Uber/Lyft rather than a rental. I would recommend that. Uber/Lyft to the factory and to your hotel would probably not be much more expensive than a rental, and you would not have to pay for parking (hugely expensive here).
squeakr likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
This is very doable so long as your flight isn't badly delayed. It would save you a bunch of time if you go with an Uber/Lyft rather than a rental. I would recommend that. Uber/Lyft to the factory and to your hotel would probably not be much more expensive than a rental, and you would not have to pay for parking (hugely expensive here).
Furthermore, the trip to the rental lot (and then rental procedures) could take nearly as long as the entire ride to Fremont from the terminal. (I'd just check to see if there's a place to leave your luggage at the factory.)
squeakr likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Furthermore, the trip to the rental lot (and then rental procedures) could take nearly as long as the entire ride to Fremont from the terminal. (I'd just check to see if there's a place to leave your luggage at the factory.)
No worries there - my partner has said quite clearly she's not interested, so will be sending her and luggage to the hotel!

Thanks all for the info,

LF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.