Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Terminal 1 Reconstruction/Renovation 2016 - 2024

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I prefer the T3 food options - plenty of priority pass restaurants plus chains plus UA and Amex lounges. T2 is not bad with Peet’s, the sushi and burger place. T1 & T-Milk are the worst. All overpriced specialty restaurants. When I’m at the airport I just want something quick and fast and familiar that will settle nicely in my stomach. Not spicy ethnic food or greasy fast food.

but IMO the terminal connectors are the big deal here. Will open up a lot more options for everyone past security.
freeagent likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by econ
That would be nice, but I didn’t see the article mention connecting T1 & T2? (specifically boarding areas B & C)

Agree about T3. Not that it couldn’t use a refresh, but it doesn’t seem desperately needed.
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought that a B-C connector was part of the whole T1 renovation.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought that a B-C connector was part of the whole T1 renovation.
It is, but I don't recall seeing an opening mention in that article.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It is, but I don't recall seeing an opening mention in that article.
Yes, nothing in the article. I guess it was my impression from seeing the construction a year ago that the B-C connector would be done on the early side of the overall T1 renovation project. But maybe that's incorrect. Or maybe the connector will be physically completed, but still not open due to other nearby construction.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Having a T2/T3 connector will be nice, but it doesn’t seem like there’d be a lot of passengers needing to use it, other than AS/DL flyers wanting to use the AmEx lounge.
rumor has it that UA will be taking gates at T2. AS has taken 10 gates to themselves and leaving ~7 Gates for another carrier.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 10:14 am
21A

The next phase has opened, including 7 new gates and the connector between T1 and Intl Concourse A:
https://www.flysfo.com/media/press-r...al-1-opens-sfo

If I'm reading it correctly, this appears to represent substantial completion of the gates, corresponding to phase 2B in the animation shown above in the wiki.

Completion for the final phase, which appears to include the rest of the landside and the B-C airside connector, is now estimated for spring 2024 (pushed back from 2023 due to COVID pause).
dhuey and Boraxo like this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 21A
The next phase has opened, including 7 new gates and the connector between T1 and Intl Concourse A:
https://www.flysfo.com/media/press-r...al-1-opens-sfo

If I'm reading it correctly, this appears to represent substantial completion of the gates, corresponding to phase 2B in the animation shown above in the wiki.

Completion for the final phase, which appears to include the rest of the landside and the B-C airside connector, is now estimated for spring 2024 (pushed back from 2023 due to COVID pause).
And now come my questions, as I've not been there since May ....

1) Has the C security checkpoint reopened? Or must one still go through the D checkpoint to get to the C gates?
2) Has landside passenger access been restored on the departure level between D/C and B/A?
Old Jun 18, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Has landside passenger access been restored on the departure level between D/C and B/A?
AFAIK, there’s been landslide access between B/A for several months. I haven’t used it, but the signage is there and I thought there was a FT report on it somewhere.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK, there’s been landslide access between B/A for several months. I haven’t used it, but the signage is there and I thought there was a FT report on it somewhere.
I meant between A/B (as one) and C/D (as one).
Old Jun 18, 2021, 5:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
And now come my questions, as I've not been there since May ....

1) Has the C security checkpoint reopened? Or must one still go through the D checkpoint to get to the C gates?
2) Has landside passenger access been restored on the departure level between D/C and B/A?
I last departed SFO on the 9th, and at that time
1) no, still go through D
2) no
(And looked the same upon return on the 13th)
Old Jul 12, 2021, 7:29 pm

Post-security A <-> T1B connector

I just called SFO and was informed the airside walkway between A and T1B is not open, contrary to https://www.flysfo.com/media/press-r...al-1-opens-sfo. I'll be at the airport on Friday so can check then, but has anyone already verified this?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by narsil
I just called SFO and was informed the airside walkway between A and T1B is not open, contrary to https://www.flysfo.com/media/press-r...al-1-opens-sfo. I'll be at the airport on Friday so can check then, but has anyone already verified this?
It is indeed open.
Kacee, narsil and freeagent like this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 5:01 pm

It is indeed open.
It sure was when I walked through it on July 8. Nice to visit the Harvey Milk Terminal while I had time to kill prior to my Air France flight in International-A.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It sure was when I walked through it on July 8. Nice to visit the Harvey Milk Terminal while I had time to kill prior to my Air France flight in International-A.
So, now we've got A<->B / C<->D (with only entry via C) / E<->F<->G.

That, plus an Escape lounge reopening @ OAK and the world is almost ok!
dhuey, SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:10 am

Airside walkway is also convenient right now since the T1 AirTrain station is closed, apparently for construction.

So if you're coming from Long Term Parking/Rental Car Center/GH SFO, another option if you're not checking bags is to just clear security at Intl A and take the walkway over to T1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.