Community
Wiki Posts
Search

options for multi-week rental?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

options for multi-week rental?

Hi folks, my older parents will be coming to SF in October to visit their brand new granddaughter, and are hoping to stay for around 3 weeks. Does anyone have suggestions on where I can look to find rental options for that period? Willing to pay cash, but also have 80k Hyatt points and are members of Interval International. Unfortunately, they do need a handicap friendly place; no stairs and a walk in shower. I've done some searching on AirBnB and VRBO, found a couple options but nothing wonderful. Perfect neighborhood would be Potrero or Market, but anything up to 30 minutes drive in is fine.

If you can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful! Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Berkeley has has some B&Bs that are really completely furnished apartments available for stays under one month (because allowing someone to stay a full month or longer would subject the property to rent control). I don't know whether SF has some similar rules.

How about an extended stay hotel like Residence Inn, element (Starwood), Hyatt House, etc.?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:10 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
If you are a member of Interval

can your search their properties?

I don't think 80K Hyatt points will get you very far for a longish stay.

Not sure what you are seeing on AirBNB that doesn't work for you - maybe if you listed what the problems are we could better assist in your search.

UCSF has a list of longer term housing for patients but anyone is eligible to stay -

http://www.campuslifeservices.ucsf.e...t_term_housing
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Berkeley has has some B&Bs that are really completely furnished apartments available for stays under one month (because allowing someone to stay a full month or longer would subject the property to rent control). I don't know whether SF has some similar rules.

How about an extended stay hotel like Residence Inn, element (Starwood), Hyatt House, etc.?
That's great to know about the B&B's, I'll look into them. I've checked the extended stay hotels somewhat, but need to check further

Originally Posted by squeakr
can your search their properties?

I don't think 80K Hyatt points will get you very far for a longish stay.

Not sure what you are seeing on AirBNB that doesn't work for you - maybe if you listed what the problems are we could better assist in your search.

UCSF has a list of longer term housing for patients but anyone is eligible to stay -

http://www.campuslifeservices.ucsf.e...t_term_housing
I don't have the information for the Interval website, I can get that from my dad then help him look. The 80k Hyatt points should be enough for 10 days at one of the Hyatt House's, so it's good to have. The AirBnB problem is mostly that only a few options labeled as wheelchair accessible are available, and of those only one that I saw was actually fully accessible according to the photos (ie, walk in-shower, a tub won't work). It's also pricier than I was hoping for, though I may just be unrealistic.

That UCSF list is fantastic, thank you! I'll start looking through those.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Depending on where you are HH may not be feasible

There are no Hyatt Place/Hyatt House options except Emeryville, Pleasant Hill or Belmont, none of which are that close to SF. And I wouldn't stay in Emeryville although I like to shop there.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Extended stay hotel properties would have some fully accessible units.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.