Search

Fare Set For New Oakland Airport BART Connector

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Post Fare Set For New Oakland Airport BART Connector

OAKLAND (CBS SF) — BART directors voted Thursday to set the fare for the new 3.2-mile connector from the Oakland Coliseum station to the Oakland International Airport at $6.
The fee for the new driverless service on the elevated track, which is scheduled to begin this fall, is double the $3 fee for AirBART, a shuttle bus that currently takes airport passengers from the Coliseum station to the airport.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...art-connector/
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
$6 each way, I assume...?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: /usr/bin
$6 sounds hefty, but it costs $8.65 to SFO (all BART) vs $10.05 to OAK (BART + connector). An extra $1.40 isn't that big of a deal.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gt_croz
$6 sounds hefty, but it costs $8.65 to SFO (all BART) vs $10.05 to OAK (BART + connector). An extra $1.40 isn't that big of a deal.
So, they charge more for a worse service to OAK. Doesn't sound like a very good deal to me.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yay. $17.30 RT from my nearest station, plus waiting up to 20 minutes for a train during off-peak hours. It is a 17 mile drive. I'll continue to drive.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:10 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
As long as AC transit doesn't discontinue the 73 bus I'll stick with that from the BART station. At $2.10 (or free as a UC Berkeley student) I take it over the current AirBART anyways, since it picks up and drops off at almost the exact same location and is just as frequent.

Edit: I believe that the fare with a clipper card is $2 starting in July, with a further $0.50 discount for the BART -> AC transfer.

Last edited by bpe; Jun 13, 2014 at 2:15 pm
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Yay. $17.30 RT from my nearest station, plus waiting up to 20 minutes for a train during off-peak hours. It is a 17 mile drive. I'll continue to drive.
I hope this works, but I can't see this ever making sense for me, either. I take BART to SFO during heavy traffic times. With OAK, though, traffic is almost never a problem (MLK, 980, 880 South). Maybe a little congestion on 880, but only for a couple of miles.

$6 seems pretty steep for such a short ride. JFK AirTrain is $5, and it's a much longer trip to Jamaica Station.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bpe
As long as AC transit doesn't discontinue the 73 bus I'll stick with that from the BART station. At $2.10 (or free as a UC Berkeley student) I take it over the current AirBART anyways, since it picks up and drops off at almost the exact same location and is just as frequent.

Edit: I believe that the fare with a clipper card is $2 starting in July, with a further $0.50 discount for the BART -> AC transfer.
I'd expect the bus to continue, as people will still need to get to work along Hegenberger Road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.