Wiki Posts
Search

SFO T3 to T2 access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
SFO T3 to T2 access

Flying UA tonight (Terminal 3), but would like to eat dinner in Terminal 2 (way better options). Can I pass security in T3 and walk to T2 somehow? I assume the checkpoint at T2 will not let me past with the UA pass (it's an American/Virgin America terminal).
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:08 pm

No, there is no post-security walkway between T3 and T2.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
However, you will have airside options in the G pier of the International terminal
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by andreiz
I assume the checkpoint at T2 will not let me past with the UA pass (it's an American/Virgin America terminal).
The regulations technically allow you to enter any terminal as long as you have a same-day boarding pass originating from that airport, but in practice you can have some difficulty. While I wouldn't advocate for being untruthful, there is an Admiral's Club there, and I've had good success using airport clubs as a reason why I need to be in the United terminal when flying WN.

Also, you already seem pretty familiar with SFO, but don't discount the pre-security options in the International Terminal, or Yankee Pier post-security in Terminal 3. I had one of the best airport breakfasts I've ever had at Yankee Pier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.