French Laundry Dinner (Lots of Pics)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

French Laundry Dinner (Lots of Pics)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Never got to go to TFL when we lived in the Bay Area (nor Chez Panisse), but did eat in our wonderful neighborhood restaurants. Husband has been to TFL many many years ago and loved it. So, knowing I won't go there, I'm glad I experienced it through your eyes and description. Thanks for posting your review.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:11 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
This is an excellent review of the French Laundry, and the photos are making me hungry. I would like to go there someday, but it is quite a drive from San Francisco that usually makes overnighting in the area necesary?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
This is an excellent review of the French Laundry, and the photos are making me hungry. I would like to go there someday, but it is quite a drive from San Francisco that usually makes overnighting in the area necesary?
It's not necessary, but recommended. I was in no mood to spend 60-90 minutes in a car after my meal, not to mention the wine.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by ente_09
I’m going to take some poetic license and expand this into a disturbing issue I have read about and discussed with various people, which is:

In this high tech world, many people are more interested in posting their experiences rather than actually be involved in them.

My brother (who happens to be a silicon valley based internet marketing consultant) told me he was disturbed by the behavior of a relative that he was showing around San Francisco, for her first visit. Instead of enjoying what he was showing her and “being in the moment” she spent a great deal of this time photographing with her Ipad and posting these pictures with comments on facebook in real time., and then texting responses to her “friends” that posted comments.

Many years ago I worked in a restaurant in France far greater than French Laundry. I am certain that if someone spent part of their meal taking so many pictures, the chef would have thrown them out.

Can someone please explain to me the reason why people would capture their ongoing activites and broadcast them to “friends” on facebook or on internet sites?
^ This brings to mind all the airline trip reports in F & J with mostly photos of
plates of airplane food, water glasses, wine glasses, coffee mugs, chocolates...
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:58 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rjque
It's not necessary, but recommended. I was in no mood to spend 60-90 minutes in a car after my meal, not to mention the wine.
Agreed. We decided to stay 1 night at the Avia - it was a nice weekend getaway
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
Alternatively, you could always try for a lunch reservation (Friday-Sunday only) instead. Same menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.