Search

Emirates Lounge to open at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Emirates Lounge to open at SFO

If they ever opened up to Priority Pass I'd join in a millisecond! Emerates has the best lounges I've ever seen.

As reported in SF Biz Journal:

In growth mode, Emirates Airlines plans luxury lounge in SFO

With some global airlines up against the ropes (see American Airlines), at least one big player serving San Francisco is on a big expansion and investment push. Emirates Airline is spending $4 million to construct a new 9,500 square foot lounge in SFO’s International Terminal. The carrier, owned by the government of Dubai, has been flying to SFO since 2008, and has been sharing a lounge with United Airlines. The new Emirates lounge will be available to first- and business-class passengers. It will have individual workstations, free Web connections, full bar service, showers and food prepared by on site chefs.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Any word on when this will open? I have a flight in late January on Emirates.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
It is opening next month, November.

The lounge will be located in the A-Wing of the International Terminal. EK currently operates from the G-Wing.

On a side note, the lounge was originally being built by Kingfisher when they had plans to operate into SFO. I hear that EK F/J paxs were unhappy with the UA lounge, no surprise. Also, just like BA at SFO, passengers will be able to board directly from the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.