Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samdori
In e-miles, click on "Account" and then "contact information", program information is at the top.
Perfect! Thank you.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:27 pm

I'm stuck, what's more valuable to you guys, 500 AA miles or 1000 Club Carlson points?

I currently have around 50,000 AA miles, and 55,000 Club Carlson points.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I'm stuck, what's more valuable to you guys, 500 AA miles or 1000 Club Carlson points?

I currently have around 50,000 AA miles, and 55,000 Club Carlson points.
Given those 2 options, I would go for the AA miles. If you are flexible I would continue to build the e-rewards balance until you find a need for one of the redemption options, keeping in mind the e-rewards currency does expire at some point. US Grand Slam hit, topoff an orphan account.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
re: Expiration.

My date is June 30 and for the past few years they have extended my points and I haven't lost any.

I didn't get an extension email this year so I wrote and asked, and they told me I had until July 31 to spend them or lose 75% of the June 30 balance.

Luckily, I was close to the award I wanted and just redeemed.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the post - checking through my accounts now to see what expires when. I totally forgot that this currency expires.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I just signed up for AA e-rewards here:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea.../e-Rewards.jsp

Earn 250 AAdvantage bonus miles* for enrolling in the e-Rewards® Opinion Panel.
Can someone who signed up for e-rewards through the AA promotion please confirm that US Airways is / is not on your e-rewards redemption list.

Thanks very much.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by thebobmc
Can someone who signed up for e-rewards through the AA promotion please confirm that US Airways is / is not on your e-rewards redemption list.

Thanks very much.
They are not. Generally if you sign up through an airline program, there will not be any other airlines on the redemption list other than the one you signed up through.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
How long do the awards for UA MP take usually?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by tcook052
To answer my own question 4 days for this transfer I just completed. Not bad as I was fearing it'd be longer.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To answer my own question 4 days for this transfer I just completed. Not bad as I was fearing it'd be longer.
Thanks for update as I plan to do the same after finding out I have a big chunk expiring on Aug 1.

I emailed e-Reward about the expiration date. They replied telling me I have not had any currency expiring this year. I replied with a copy/paste directly from My Account and asked them to clarify - it has been a week now and still not heard back yet. So I think I should just redeem them.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Happy
Thanks for update as I plan to do the same after finding out I have a big chunk expiring on Aug 1.

I emailed e-Reward about the expiration date. They replied telling me I have not had any currency expiring this year. I replied with a copy/paste directly from My Account and asked them to clarify - it has been a week now and still not heard back yet. So I think I should just redeem them.
I had a similar concern about currency expiration and here is what I received from them -

Thank you for contacting e-Rewards. We apologize for the confusion. Your account statement has not been updated to reflect this information; however, as stated in an email sent to you on June 27th 2012 because you are a valued Member, the e-Rewards Currency in your account will not expire this year and will remain available to you for Reward redemptions for another Membership Year.

Of course, YMMV!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gv111
I had a similar concern about currency expiration and here is what I received from them -

Thank you for contacting e-Rewards. We apologize for the confusion. Your account statement has not been updated to reflect this information; however, as stated in an email sent to you on June 27th 2012 because you are a valued Member, the e-Rewards Currency in your account will not expire this year and will remain available to you for Reward redemptions for another Membership Year.

Of course, YMMV!
Mine does not get the same wording. The email simply said none of my currency expires this year.

I will send another email this weekend to ask for clarification once again.

Then if still no clarification, I will go ahead to redeem them. I wish I have HHonor in my account but I am told my account is from Priority Club invite so no other hotel but PC. I have no idea what husband's account is from - his sees everything, all the airlines and all the hotels.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Happy
I wish I have HHonor in my account but I am told my account is from Priority Club invite so no other hotel but PC.
You could try and find a swap partner on Coupon Connection....
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just went into my account, because I'm justthisclose to a Hertz reward, and there was a notice at the top of the page saying they were not going to expire my currency.

I'd hate to have to redeem for the lower level just so I don't lose the $$ in the account.

So go check your accounts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I just went into my account, because I'm justthisclose to a Hertz reward, and there was a notice at the top of the page saying they were not going to expire my currency.

I'd hate to have to redeem for the lower level just so I don't lose the $$ in the account.

So go check your accounts
No change for my Aug 01 expiration date. They have not replied my 2 emails asking them to clarify, and the expiration date remain August 1st.

I also dont understand HOW the number of expiring currency keeps changing.

I have had $277xx expiring to start with. I redeemed $70 for a $25 Macy GC 2 days ago. Shouldn't the expiring number now being $207xx? Nope, now it shows $219xx. How could that happen? Where the additional $12 coming from?

I am torn between redeeming $100 for 2K UA miles or $100 for 4K PC pts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.