Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

1000 Skymiles for Mercedes Test Drive - Select MB Dealers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 Skymiles for Mercedes Test Drive - Select MB Dealers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008, 5:04 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by Boraxo
What a stupid promo. At least Ford and GM had the sense to include all locations when they gave away $75 and $100 visa and amex cards. This will just piss off people like me who are 300 miles from the nearest location.
It's probably not a Mercedes sanctioned promo but being offered by the owner(s) of these dealerships.

Based on the tiny print for the offer and limited locations offering the miles, I would bet this marketing effort fails.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Eugene, OR? Tiverton, RI?? I don't get the significance of these places.

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Based on the tiny print for the offer and limited locations offering the miles, I would bet this marketing effort fails.
No kidding. Someone interested in a MB is not enticed by a mere 1k miles.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
To anyone who does this please tell us how it goes...Do you receive a voucher that we then need to mail in or enter online? Or are we at the mercy of the dealer?

And please ask when is the promo over.

I agree, not worth it for 1k miles but I plan to be nearby the area in the next two weeks and I always wanted to drive a Mercedes:-)
Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat National Executive Amtrak Select Plus
sounds classier than offering the cash equivalent, what is that 12 bucks?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AAdvantage, WorldPerks, HHonors, Dividend Miles
Wth? In orlando and not in miami? Mercedes must be so out of touch. Whos going to buy a mercedes there?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:18 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by gpapadop
To anyone who does this please tell us how it goes...Do you receive a voucher that we then need to mail in or enter online? Or are we at the mercy of the dealer?

And please ask when is the promo over.

I agree, not worth it for 1k miles but I plan to be nearby the area in the next two weeks and I always wanted to drive a Mercedes:-)
If I get to it in the next couple of weeks - I'll ask if I get to the Sat car wash at our MB Dealer.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Has anyone tried this promo?

I'm in Detroit tonight, so drove out of my way to go to the St Clair Shores dealership, after noting that they were open until 8 p.m. I showed up at 6:30 and they were closed!

I will call them tomorrow and would like to be able to get my 1000 miles without having to show up, since it will be really out of my way now. Just wondering how the promo is being handled, i.e. special code, voucher, etc.

TIA
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I can answer my own question now! After some back and forth with the sales mgr, he finally agreed to send me a voucher without my having to go back to the dealership for a test drive.

It's simply a paper voucher with no number on it or anything, but it was signed by the sales mgr. The redemption guidelines are as follows:
  1. Redemption MUST be made through Pace Communications by emailing Jane Doe ([email protected]) on or before Feb 1/09. (Fictitious name in case you haven't guessed!)
  2. Recipient must be a SkyMiles member. Delta SkyMiles program terms and conditions apply.
  3. This coupon cannot be redeemed for cash and has no value except when redeemed in accordance with these instructions.

That's it. So I just signed the voucher, scanned it and e-mailed it to Jane Doe. Let's see how long it takes for the miles to post.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:05 pm

alex

i think i might try this, too. i drive around the Alexandria one a lot, so might as well go have some fun with an AMG.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1000 Delta Skymiles posted to my account on Feb 5.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 9:25 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Based on the lack of responses to this post in such a mileage-centric environment like FT, I would imagine this promotion was not a barn-burning success for the participating MB dealers.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 8:18 pm

Eugene Dealer has not given me a certificate or miles

I test drove in late December. The dealer didn't seem to have a clue as to the 1000 Delta miles promotion. However they took down my personal info and said they would get me the miles. I emailed them a week ago and still haven't gotten a response. Do I have nay recourse?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 9:46 pm

Programs: United 1K|SPG Plat
deleted

Last edited by 6am at ORD; May 28, 2009 at 9:22 pm Reason: deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.