Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Melting Pot Gift Card Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

Buy $100 in gift cards, receive $50 in dip certificates, between now and Christmas Eve. However, you must buy the gift cards at a Melting Pot location--they won't accept promos online.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 4:08 pm

Programs: HHSilver;SWACompanion;AA;CO
Offers seem to vary by region---here in Cleveland, the offer is buy $100 in cards and get 4 $25 Dip cards, to be redeemed one/quarter in 2009. They claim to be able to mail them out in time for Christmas.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swaluvr
Offers seem to vary by region---here in Cleveland, the offer is buy $100 in cards and get 4 $25 Dip cards, to be redeemed one/quarter in 2009. They claim to be able to mail them out in time for Christmas.
Interesting. So they mail the dip cards then?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 5:14 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Excuse my stupidity but what is a dip card? Dip like fondue? Huh? I'm so confused!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Excuse my stupidity but what is a dip card? Dip like fondue? Huh? I'm so confused!
Yes, dip like fondue.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Can I add to that question... Is a 'Dip' card different than a 'Gift' card. As both terms were used by the OP, and it's not clear if they are one and the same...
Old Dec 1, 2008, 5:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Here in FL it is buy $50 get $10 and only if you say "I like Fruitcake"

JudyJFLA
Old Dec 1, 2008, 5:50 pm

Melting Pot is one of my favorite chain restaurants. So here's my question...since offers vary by region I understand that the local offer is questionable. But...does anyone know if the cards are valid at any Melting Pot location? I'd love to buy 2 $50 gift cards for the Wilmington, Delaware location while at the same time getting a 'Dip' (I assume that's just a gift card too) card good for my local location (Albany, NY)?

If so this seems like a sure bet for 2 presents this year
Old Dec 2, 2008, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Can I add to that question... Is a 'Dip' card different than a 'Gift' card. As both terms were used by the OP, and it's not clear if they are one and the same...
I'm guessing that they're the same, although perhaps the "dip" cards are only valid for a certain length of time.
Originally Posted by chrislacey
Melting Pot is one of my favorite chain restaurants. So here's my question...since offers vary by region I understand that the local offer is questionable. But...does anyone know if the cards are valid at any Melting Pot location? I'd love to buy 2 $50 gift cards for the Wilmington, Delaware location while at the same time getting a 'Dip' (I assume that's just a gift card too) card good for my local location (Albany, NY)?

If so this seems like a sure bet for 2 presents this year
I would guess that you can use the gift and dip cards at your local location, even if not purchased there.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:06 am

The gift card that you buy is valid at any MP location (I think anywhere in the country). The dip certificates that you get are valid only at the location you buy the gift card (at least, this is true for the ones I just got in Columbia, MD). For the promotion at this MP, you get four $25 dip certificates that are valid for each quarter of 2010.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:46 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
As BetinaBean mentions the GC itself is usable like cash at any Melting Pot. The local "bonus" offers seem to be usable only at the local restaurants.

As I mentioned in a different thread, the Melting Pots in the Dallas area are offering four $25 off coupons for every $100 GC purchased. (And the $25 off coupons can be used together as long as there are at least 2 persons dining per coupon used.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.