Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

"Double Rewards" from E-Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Double Rewards" from E-Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Thumbs up "Double Rewards" from E-Rewards

Just got this e-mail from E-Rewards. I don't know if it's targeted:

SPECIAL "DOUBLE REWARDS" BONUS OPPORTUNITY

As a special incentive to continue your active participation in the e-Rewards panel, we're pleased to offer you an exclusive "DOUBLE REWARDS" bonus opportunity. Starting today, and continuing through December 15, 2008, each time you earn $25 of e-Rewards Currency, e-Rewards will post an additional $25 of e-Rewards Currency in your e-Rewards account, providing you double rewards during 2008. Your Bonus Currency will be posted within 10 business days following the date you earned your $25 of e-Rewards Currency.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:01 pm

Programs: Priority Club RA, UA 2P
I have also just received an e-mail announcing "EXCLUSIVE NEW REWARD CHOICES". With your announcement & this one, I'm thinking the previous opportunities will soon be limited (less surveys).....
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
No love in my inbox.....
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Seems targeted since I have not received it... then again, maybe it's just late in arriving. On the other hand, I got a different email just now, with the following (pretty good) info - e-Rewards is adding more sponsors, and the values are actually not too shabby!

Originally Posted by e-Rewards email
At e-Rewards®, we are pleased to partner with many of the nation's most well-known companies, as they invite their customers to join the e-Rewards Opinion Panel and offer you a wide variety of Reward choices.

During the past 18 months, we've added several new Sponsors and Reward Partners, including two leading international airlines, Air France/KLM® and Virgin Atlantic®, along with a number of popular retailers, including Borders® and Macy's®.

EXCLUSIVE NEW REWARD CHOICES - ESPECIALLY FOR YOU

As one of e-Rewards most valued members you are now invited to redeem any of the following special reward opportunities available throughout 2008:

Redeem: Receive:
$45 of e-Rewards Currency - a $25 Macy's Gift Card
$50 of e-Rewards Currency - a $25 Starbucks Card
$55 of e-Rewards Currency - a $25 Target GiftCard
$90 of e-Rewards Currency - a $50 Macy's Gift Card
$100 of e-Rewards Currency - a $50 Target GiftCard
The new rewards have not yet hit the website, but this is great news... these are actual gift cards, not coupons based on a minimum purchase. Since I value airline miles at anywhere from 1-2 cpm, a $50 gift card is IMHO a better value than 2000 miles.

Now, if only I'd get the double rewards offer, too...... (Through which sponsor are you signed up?)
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:13 pm

This is my offer letter. I have been a member a long time and can redeem currency with any sponsor. I usually redeem for USAir or AA miles but this new offer of a Target gift card is nice! A gas card would be nicer.

"We're pleased that you have redeemed your e-Rewards Currency for a mileage reward.

At e-Rewards®, we've are pleased to partner with many of the nation's most well-known companies, as they invite their customers to join the e-Rewards Opinion Panel and offer you a wide variety of Reward choices.

During the past 18 months, we added several new Sponsors and Reward Partners, including two leading international airlines, Air France/KLM® and Virgin Atlantic®, along with a number of popular retailers, including Borders® and Macy's®.

As one of e-Rewards' most valued members, you are now invited to take advantage of two very special opportunities:

EXCLUSIVE NEW REWARD CHOICES - ESPECIALLY FOR YOU

You are part of an exclusive group of valued e-Rewards Members who are invited to enjoy some very special Reward choices throughout 2008:

Redeem: Receive:
$45 of e-Rewards Currency - a $25 Macy's Gift Card

$50 of e-Rewards Currency - a $25 Starbucks Card

$55 of e-Rewards Currency - a $25 Target GiftCard

$90 of e-Rewards Currency - a $50 Macy's Gift Card

$100 of e-Rewards Currency - a $50 Target GiftCard

For all the details, visit our Reward Center at http://www.e-rewards.com/rewardscate...13332093896529

SPECIAL "DOUBLE REWARDS" BONUS OPPORTUNITY

As a special incentive to continue your active participation in the e-Rewards panel, we're pleased to offer you an exclusive "DOUBLE REWARDS" bonus opportunity. Starting today, and continuing through December 15, 2008, each time you earn $25 of e-Rewards Currency, e-Rewards will post an additional $25 of e-Rewards Currency in your e-Rewards account, providing you double rewards during 2008. Your Bonus Currency will be posted within 10 business days following the date you earned your $25 of e-Rewards Currency.

IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING FREQUENT FLYER MILEAGE REWARDS

Effective June 11, 2008 one of our eight airline Sponsors will discontinue offering frequent flyer miles as a Reward. Please visit the e-Rewards home Page at www.e-rewards.com for details. Despite this change, you may continue to redeem your e-Rewards Currency for airline miles from Continental®, Delta®, Northwest®, US Airways®, or one of our new airline Sponsors - - Air France/KLM® and Virgin Atlantic®, or for Hilton HHonors® points.

WE VALUE YOUR TIME AND YOUR OPINIONS

We thank you for your participation as a member of the e-Rewards Opinion Panel. You are part of one of the nation's largest opinion panels. As an e-Rewards panelist, your opinions are used by more than 700 market research firms to help thousands of companies shape their future products and services.

We hope you will take advantage of these special opportunities which are being extended to a very limited number of our most valuable Members. With these special offers, we trust you will agree your participation as an e-Rewards Member in 2008 will be more rewarding than ever before.

Thank you,
The e-Rewards Team"
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:18 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
I just received the same e-mail. Something tells me the surveys will dry up as a result of this. Just a hunch. Earlier in the year I was getting around 10 surveys per a week and racked up a good $$ amount. We shall see.

Halothane
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: Various
New Bonus Link

Not sure if this is related,but I did receive the same email and noticed another thing when I went to the web site today.

On the E-rewards home page I noticed a link that mentions a "Special Bonus Earning Opportunity". The link gives me this message:

Each time you earn $25 in e-Rewards Currency between April 20, 2008 and December 15, 2008, e-Rewards will post a bonus of $25 in e-Rewards Currency into your e-Rewards account. This Double Rewards Bonus will be posted to your account within 10 business days following the date you earned the required $25 of e-Rewards Currency.

At least it's something to try to keep their participants (us) in the program, with this I can earn HHonors rewards faster. Without HHonors in the program, I probably would withdraw from E-rewards.

Added to say: shows I wasn't paying attention, OP already states the info I have listed :-(

Last edited by Robt760; Apr 30, 2008 at 4:13 pm
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by halothane
ISomething tells me the surveys will dry up as a result of this.
I'm not sure why you (and others) think this to be the case at all. When a company adds reward opportunities, it usually means they are expanding the business, not reducing it. People complained bitterly when e-Rewards reduced award possibilities per its contracts with its airline sponsors... now that they add possibilities, even more complaints. I just don't get it. Personally, I'm not at all worried and I see these additional rewards as a good sign, not a bad one.

It should be noted that the new rewards aren't on the main rewards page yet, but can be accessed via a link from the homepage... or by accessing them manually from the links on the left side of the rewards page. The rewards appear to be one per sponsor per quarter.

Originally Posted by Robt760
On the E-rewards home page I noticed a link that mentions a "Special Bonus Earning Opportunity".
Indeed, I noticed the same link... so perhaps this bonus offer isn't targeted, and I simply haven't received the email. I guess I'll find out after my next $25 earnings...

So here's a presumptive "Yay!" for increased earnings.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I got both the double rewards and the gift card notice, as well as the announcement about AA leaving (which I knew about earlier from FT). Even though I've redeemed the maximum AA rewards for the year, I discovered I can get one more before it leaves.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by halothane
I just received the same e-mail. Something tells me the surveys will dry up as a result of this.
Not sure what you would call "drying up", but let's say your earning opportunities were cut in half. Under this promotion, you would end up with roughly the same amount of $$$. So, you would be even, earnings-wise, for half the work.

So anything less than a 50% reduction in earning opportunities means you come out ahead, at least until December 15.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:13 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
Received both e-mails today as well.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Robt760
Not sure if this is related,but I did receive the same email and noticed another thing when I went to the web site today.

On the E-rewards home page I noticed a link that mentions a "Special Bonus Earning Opportunity".
So far, I only received one email, titled "New Reward Choices and Important News" (re: new GC redemption offers).

No email about double rewards but it's indeed offered to me under my account as "Special Bonus Earning Opportunity" after login.

Juding from the info in this thread, it seems these are new changes in 2008 for those members who have most of the redemption choices and didn't sign up with e-Rewards thru e-Miles, Delta, nor NW. I assume these two changes (GCs and double rewards) are e-Rewards' way to deal with the impact from certain "dropout" partners (AA, for example), and will be applied to those members who have the wider range of redemption choices.

I think it's a smart move to "retain" current e-Rewards members. I got the impressions that some folks are on the way out after reading the discontinued of AA partnership. Even though I feel sad about no more AA redemption after June, 2008, I will still stay with e-Rewards since Hilton and other airliners are all available to me.

I agree with cepheid. It's too early an conclusion about surveys drying up soon. The business model of e-Rewards is all about taking surveys. If survey did dry up, it would mean e-Rewards folded the same time. I doubt it would happen any time soon since e-Rewards has been around for quite some time.

Noted the spectrum of FTers on this board. There are folks "bragging" about too many e-Rewards currencies with too little redemption choices every year, if not every quarter. We also have folks who haven't got survey invites for months/ages. We all know not everyone gets the same survey. For me personally, it's true I am not getting as many survey invites. (My survey invites were flooded for a certain period of time back in 2006. ) However, I am still seeing survey coming my way. It has everything to do with your demographics and profiles. When you receive zero survey, someone else is filling out one at the same time.

All we know is that US economy is hard and several reward programs are undergoing changes this year (no more AA in e-Rewards; Hilton's disappearance from Mypoints..etc). I just hope my preferred redemption choices will stay with the programs I participate.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:16 pm

I only received one email, with no mention of the bonus deal, but its linked on my e-rewards homepage. I guess I'm $.50 towards my first bonus.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Talking OT a liiittle bit...

Originally Posted by willdallas2003
I only received one email, with no mention of the bonus deal, but its linked on my e-rewards homepage. I guess I'm $.50 towards my first bonus.
OT: Were you saying you got $.50 credit for reading that "announcement"?

If so, sorry to inform you, unlike the now-extinct "Earn It Now" offers, that "Special Bonus Earning Opportunity" DOESN'T give you any incentive for reading it. Also, e-Rewards has stopped giving $.50 credit for reading offers. It used to be $.30 or something. Now has been reduced to $.10 (or even less) per survey "Read Offer" (you can double check your detailed account activity to confirm it).

Time is getting tough for sure.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
The surveys have been paying less and less so the double-offer sure is welcome... I was considering not opening my e-rewards mails anymore... guess I'll stick around a bit longer now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.