Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Erewards and Delta only redemptions if you signed up through them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Erewards and Delta only redemptions if you signed up through them

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: BD, USAir, BA, Iberia, Hilton, IHG
I recently accepted a bmi invitation to join www.e-rewards.co.uk, their UK sister site. Since them it seems my www.e-rewards.com account is no longer associated to US Airways but neither it is to bmi Diamond Club. My only option left is to redeem into Hilton HHonors at a potential loss. I am scared of contacting them in case they cancel my account. Any advice?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I'm upset as well. I never received any kind of notice about a change to the program. I don't remember how I signed up for the program (back in 2001). I thought it was great they offered multiple airlines. I made my first deposit to AA in '07 and was waiting 'til today to make my '08 deposit. Last time I checked my account was approx. 2-3 wks ago and AA was still there... but now it's gone. I only see Delta (which I don't need) and Hilton. I just emailed them and am curious to see the response I get.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: Starwood, Hilton, Delta, AA, UsAirways, AmWest, NWA, United
Below is almost exactly me too. Was waiting for new year to put $50 in erewards into my aa account and now only have delta and hh as options--even though I NEVER would have signed up for this program if those were my only options and I agree we should have at least had an opt out period. I will redeem the last of my erewards and exit the program. Hope they're reading.

I'm upset as well. I never received any kind of notice about a change to the program. I don't remember how I signed up for the program (back in 2001). I thought it was great they offered multiple airlines. I made my first deposit to AA in '07 and was waiting 'til today to make my '08 deposit. Last time I checked my account was approx. 2-3 wks ago and AA was still there... but now it's gone. I only see Delta (which I don't need) and Hilton
Old Jan 7, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: BD, USAir, BA, Iberia, Hilton, IHG
e-miles conversion?

Any idea when will this be available?
Old Jan 18, 2008, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
I was about to use my expiring e-rewards points to extend the validity of my AA miles but found the AA option (as well as us and co) is gone. I searched "e-rewards delta only" on the web and found this thread. I cannot believe e-rewards just changed their policy without notice! I am done with delta so I guess I will have to take the 3,000 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points for 50 bucks option. Before I do that, I am wondering if anyone know any trick to work around this limitation...
Old Jan 20, 2008, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Gold, SPG Gold, AA, UA, BA
I haven't found anything of use to redeem for
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:09 pm

I signed up for this through delta, but it allowed me to buy AA miles a few days ago and deducted the total from my account. With the new changes in mind,What are the odds that it wont go through?
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:00 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by willdallas2003
I signed up for this through delta, but it allowed me to buy AA miles a few days ago [...]
Interesting to hear that it's still working for some.

Originally Posted by willdallas2003
What are the odds that it wont go through?
0.41%

Seriously, if the system still offered AA miles redemption and let you make the transaction, there's no reason to expect a problem. Just don't assume that you will still have the AA option next time you want to redeem.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by IMH

0.41%

Seriously, if the system still offered AA miles redemption and let you make the transaction, there's no reason to expect a problem. Just don't assume that you will still have the AA option next time you want to redeem.
Well I wasted my 1 redemption this year on a 500 miler anyway, because I was new to the program and somehow missed that I could only do it once a year, so I wont have to worry about it till January regardless.

Another thing that I found interesting is this disclaimer on the bottom of every page:

©2008 e-Rewards, Inc. e-Rewards is a registered trademark of e-Rewards, Inc. All rights reserved.

American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. American Airlines and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.

All other trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.

Is that on everyones pages?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 4:30 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
erewards.....and emiles

Based on my experience and knowledge with programs of this sort:

1) although erewards may be the one communicating the delta change, I would bet the change itself was forced by delta. delta would have "paid" erewards to be a sponsor...and they were one of the first. if they have found that they are not receiving the benefits that were promised to them...they could have removed themselves from the program except for the people who originally signed up thru them, they are not going to care that you signed up thru them but are redeeming for AA miles!

2) it is appearing to me that erewards may have overpromised and underdelivered to the sponsors with regards to number or surveys completed, number of purchases, etc etc. I have actually heard people talking (on an airplane) that they "answer the initial questions they way they know the survey wants" - just to get the money.

3) I don't think the invites that appear to be coming from a sponsor really are. I think they are coming from erewards, in an attempt to increase specific demographics - if you meet them, you are in, if not.....oh well. I think this would REALLY make a sponsor angry - which may be why the whole thing is shut down for new members.

3)emiles IS still open, and is still accepting applicants. is it as good as erewards - no. but if you know you want one airline, go to emiles and sign up - it is better than nothing.

My final advice - if you have an erewards balance APPLY IT TO SOMETHING NOW. I could be wrong - (and hope I am) - but closing membership is often one step before ending a program!

And before anyone asks - I do not work for erewards, I do not work for a company that participates in erewards, I have no inside information about erewards, I have no further information about erewards, and .................
Old Feb 11, 2008, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
My final advice - if you have an erewards balance APPLY IT TO SOMETHING NOW. I could be wrong - (and hope I am) - but closing membership is often one step before ending a program!....
Yes, you are wrong. I believe you are jumping into your conclusion much too early. Unless you have evidence that e-Rewards is ending their program for good, please don't start any "rumor." I do think being honest when answering the survey is a good advice though.

It's true the self-invite route to e-Rewards is not open for the moment being. But I've been with e-Rewards for more than 8 years now. That self-invite route hasn't always been open. It's always a supply-and-demand thingy. If they need new members in certain stratifications, they open the self-invites feature. It's no indication of e-Rewards ending their program for good (or any time soon).

Besides, we had learned from the recent e-Rewards via e-Miles fiasco, self-invites don't guarantee approved membership applications into e-Rewards either. Folks were reporting being turned down when selecting AA as the sponsor. Since sponsors have every right to set the criteria for their "sponsees" in e-Rewards, it's a fair game for Delta or any other airlines/hotel chains to raise the sponsors' bar. That is also a good sign they are being "selective."

If you are enrolled in e-Rewards (or even better, being a panal member), via Delta or not, just be thankful that you get the opportunity to earn youself more miles & points, (for free, of course ).
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:15 pm

What a naive canuck I am...

I discovered e-rewards when I signed up for Flying Blue, and requested an invitation through them. I am member of the Canadian e-rewards site..and I thought I was limited to FB or HH as viable redemption options. Nope! Just checked it out and Canadians can redeem for all the normal US carries like anyone else. I suppose FB has had this "limited redemption" clause long before Delta! Too bad they aren't accepting new requests for invitations!
Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Another option through E-Rewards - Upromise

I am in agreement with many others on this board who are irritated that since I apparently signed up through Delta eons ago that I am restricted to only Delta airlines and Hilton Honors as far as decent options.

Well, today in looking at my email inbox I came across another option that I find interesting and thought others may as well, Upromise. Upromise as many may already be aware of is a program which gives you rebates for products you buy everyday. The rebates are then put in to an account that will either go directly in to a 529 program for college savings or you can have them send a check to put in your own college savings program.

The bottom line, is that apparently, Upromise now has a tie in with E-rewards that one can sign up for and through the standard E-Rewards program actually earn cash back!!

I plan on using up my existing rewards and canceling my account so I can then sign up through E-rewards. In my opinion being able to get cash back as opposed to just Delta or Hilton points is a much better option. Thought others might agree.

Check it out.
I have pasted below the information from the Upromise website.

1. How do I earn contributions from e-Rewards?

As a Upromise Member, you're eligible to earn contributions from e-Rewards in one of two ways. First, you can earn a $2 contribution simply for joining e-Rewards as long as you respond to at least one market research survey sent to you by e-Rewards within six months of joining. You can also earn ongoing contributions if you respond to additional market research survey invitations from e-Rewards. For these surveys, you can earn e-Rewards Currency which can then be converted to college savings for Upromise.

2. How much can I earn for Upromise with e-Rewards?

The amount you earn depends on how many e-Rewards market research surveys you take. e-Rewards will email you each time they have a market research survey that matches the profile you provided when you joined e-Rewards. If you choose to take the survey and you qualify, you will earn e-Rewards Currency in the amount stated in the email. If you don't qualify, you will earn the partial credit amount stated in the email. You can redeem your e-Rewards Currency one time each calendar quarter and the current maximum redemption value per calendar quarter is $50 in Upromise college savings.

3. I am already an e-Rewards member. Can I sign up through Upromise too?

Unfortunately, no. Once you are an e-Rewards member, you are not eligible to participate under another program.

4. Can I cancel my existing e-Rewards membership and sign up through Upromise instead?

Yes. To cancel your existing e-Rewards membership, please go to the e-Rewards website, log in using your e-Rewards password and email and select "cancel membership" at the bottom of the page.

5. How many market research survey emails will I receive from e-Rewards?

When you join e-Rewards, you fill out a profile about yourself and you can tell e-Rewards how many times they can email you. You can also change your preferences later if you'd like. Any changes to your e-Rewards account must be made online by visiting www.e-rewards.com and logging in to your account.

6. Are the answers I provide in these surveys kept confidential?

Yes. All responses you provide to e-Rewards are used only in aggregate along with all other respondents. e-Rewards will never willfully sell, trade, rent, disclose, or make available your identity, e-mail address, phone number, or home address to any outside third party without receiving your authorization to do so, e-Rewards is a trusted provider of market research services and complies with industry standards published by The Council of American Survey Research Organization (CASRO), the World Association of Opinion and Marketing Research Professionals (ESOMAR), and The Marketing Research Association (MRA). To view the e-Rewards Privacy Policy, go to www.e-rewards.com/privacypolicy.do

7. What types of market research surveys will I be asked to take?

Surveys will vary depending on the profile information you provided when you signed up. e-Rewards works with leading companies all over the world and conducts market research surveys on a wide variety of topics.

8. I joined e-Rewards but don't see my $2 contribution in my Upromise account. Why?

The $2 contribution you receive from e-Rewards for joining their program is paid only after you've completed your first market research survey within six (6) months of joining e-Rewards. If you have recently completed your first survey, your $2 contribution should post within 30-45 days. If you haven't completed your first market research survey and it is still less than six months from the date you joined, you must complete a survey to be eligible for your contribution. If the six month period has passed, you can still earn ongoing contributions by completing market research surveys but you are no longer eligible for the original $2 enrollment contribution.

9. I redeemed e-Rewards Currency but don't see the money in my Upromise account. Why?

Contributions normally post in 30-45 days from the date you initiated a transfer but may take up to 90 days. If your contribution hasn't posted in that time frame, please contact e-Rewards Member Service at [email protected] or by logging into your e-Rewards account.

10. How long does it take for my e-Rewards Currency redemptions to show up in my Upromise account?

Contributions normally post in 30-45 days from the date you initiated a transfer but may take up to 90 days. If your contribution hasn't posted in that time frame, please contact e-Rewards Member Service at [email protected] or by logging into your e-Rewards account.

11. Who do I contact if I have additional questions not answered here?

If you have additional questions about the e-Rewards program, please contact e-Rewards Member Service at [email protected] or log into your e-Rewards account. If your questions relate to your Upromise account, please visit the Contact Us section of the Upromise website.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by cupps
Well, today in looking at my email inbox I came across another option that I find interesting and thought others may as well, Upromise.
Interesting offer... do you know if the redemption is 1-to-1, e.g. $50 in e-Rewards = $50 in uPromise contributions? That would be the absolute best value, if so... but somehow, I doubt that's the case. Any idea?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 6:38 pm

Last edited by nonyflyer; Sep 3, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.