Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

joined e-rewards last week, still no emails

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

joined e-rewards last week, still no emails

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
I haven't qualified for any of their surveys... any idea how quickly these survey spots fill up?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1.9MM
Originally Posted by mlbcard
I haven't qualified for any of their surveys... any idea how quickly these survey spots fill up?
It helps to qualify if you're the head of IT for a multi-national company with 10,000+ employees!
Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
hehe, yeah I tried being that too, but apparantly there are too many CEO's trying to get E-rewards
Old Oct 7, 2005, 6:39 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Last night I received a $2 offer, all you have to do is sign up for a Blockbuster newsletter and the $ posted instantly. It's been very slow for me as well lately; I used to get 2-3 a day now it's, at the most, 1/week. I'm at $97.75 and counting down the cents to $100. I wonder if those companys for whom they do surveys have pulled their business--perhaps the data received wasn't reliable!
Old Oct 7, 2005, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
Last night I received a $2 offer, all you have to do is sign up for a Blockbuster newsletter and the $ posted instantly. It's been very slow for me as well lately; I used to get 2-3 a day now it's, at the most, 1/week. I'm at $97.75 and counting down the cents to $100. I wonder if those companys for whom they do surveys have pulled their business--perhaps the data received wasn't reliable!
I was in similar situation, just a few dollars under $100 -- waiting so that I could cash in for $100 certificate. I was in this holding pattern for over a month with no e-reward emails at all. Previously, I had been receiving sometimes 2-3 a day. I ended up going to e-reward website & I was able to click on some free offer/survey -- finally over $100! But the interesting thing is that now I've "cashed" out & my balance is way down, I'm back to receiving e-reward emails daily again! One would have to believe that there is something in their system that flags high balances and slooowwss down the emails.....
Old Oct 7, 2005, 2:43 pm

I just received their $2 blockbuster offer.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 3:13 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Somebody mentioned this also, but I've noticed since the change in the AA awards, I haven't been getting as many emails. I'm shooting for the $50 level so I can cash out.... not worth it to shoot for $100, since the prorated amount is the same.
Just remember that you can only redeem eRewards for AA miles once/year. So although the redemption ratio is the same at $50 and $100, if you redeem at $50, you can't redeem for another AA reward for 12 months.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 3:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by Jumpcut
Has anyone gotten an e-rewards survey in the past 3 weeks? I got several surveys the week after they changed to the new AA award, then nothing since. Looks like e-rewards may be going out of business...
Why would you say they're going out of business? Do you have any evidence other than you personally haven't received any offers lately? During the past two weeks, I've received at least four surveys in the $7 - $10 range, at least 8 or 10 of those "mini surveys" (or whatever they're called) for 25 - 50 cents, and a handful or $2 or $3 surveys. I've gone from $23 in my account three weeks ago to $60 today. I don't call that going out of business.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
Just remember that you can only redeem eRewards for AA miles once/year. So although the redemption ratio is the same at $50 and $100, if you redeem at $50, you can't redeem for another AA reward for 12 months.

Thanks for the heads up ^

But yes, I did know that fact. I posted that back a few weeks ago... I had cashed out for the 1000 miles for a flight, the day before the change... and I thought it would take forever to get to $100 after that. But now I'm at $80-something... and as soon as I hit $100, THEN I'll cash out with 2000 and be done with e-rewards.

They really should institute the two-tiered awards (non-flying bonus AND bonus miles for flights).

Last edited by IceTrojan; Oct 7, 2005 at 5:34 pm
Old Oct 8, 2005, 1:36 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Got two surveys a day apart this week, and after taking them, redeemed my e-Rewards for some HHonors points. After a very slow past six months, the emails are coming a bit more frequently, so things are looking up. The automatic redemption feature put the HHonors points into my account immediately.

bj-21.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 5:47 pm

How did you set up the automatic redemption ??
Old Oct 8, 2005, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Just went to the rewards page, clicked on the HHonors reward, entered my HHonors number and pin, and within five minutes the HHonors points were in my account, along with a confirming email from eRewards. That's about as "automatic" as it can get. No waiting, no forms or certs to mail in. Almost instantaneous.

bj-21.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond / Delta 360 / HHonors Diamond. FORMER: AAdvantage EXP, Loews YouFirst Platinum, A+ Elite
It's been slow lately but once you get your demographics in (by using Earn More links) it will come as feast or famine.

As it is, I only do the AA miles AND HHonors points and by the time the every-90-day limit comes up, I have more money than I need.

Just give it time, you'll make "money" faster than you can spend it.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Varian

As it is, I only do the AA miles AND HHonors points and by the time the every-90-day limit comes up, I have more money than I need.
Well, I am still enjoying my Blockbuster coupons - just watched a new release last night. Saved myself $4.29, can bring a movie back in 2 weeks and even was able to use an expired Blockbuster coupon at a local store with no questions asked!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 2:55 pm

Programs: Starwood, Hilton, Delta, AA, UsAirways, AmWest, NWA, United
Originally Posted by scooper
I was in similar situation, just a few dollars under $100 -- waiting so that I could cash in for $100 certificate. I was in this holding pattern for over a month with no e-reward emails at all. Previously, I had been receiving sometimes 2-3 a day. I ended up going to e-reward website & I was able to click on some free offer/survey -- finally over $100! But the interesting thing is that now I've "cashed" out & my balance is way down, I'm back to receiving e-reward emails daily again! One would have to believe that there is something in their system that flags high balances and slooowwss down the emails.....
I echo this statement--exactly what has happed to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.