Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by hobo13
Looks like RACE is 40% off through May 24.

Is it just me, or are these coupons getting worse and worse?
Indeed they are. I don't bother to post them anymore unless they are at least 60% off. I would hope they will do something for this weekend starting tomorrow, but we will see.
Old May 29, 2012, 1:34 pm

The thing that's bothersome (besides the spending req) is the high rejection rate. Necessitates calling ahead, and then the person that answers thinks you're crazy and doesn't know what you're talking about.

It's clear that a great number of these establishments do not know how to claim a redemption. I would say around half of my used certs are still sitting unused in my account. I suppose I could wait a few months and reprint them but what I've been doing is just waiting for the eatery to get pulled. Naturally, if an eatery doesn't understand how to claim credit for them, they're going to give up within a year. The problem is that most of them take the lazy route and just start rejecting patrons versus formally withdrawing with Restaurant.com.
Old May 30, 2012, 8:50 am

End of the month $25 for $4 code going to come out today or tomorrow?
Old May 30, 2012, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With the discount codes from restaurant.com being lame, I have had good luck buying $100 certificates on ebay for about $6. Not sure why their business model is changing, but it seems to be. On the other hand, I've noticed that some new restaurants are offering better value on the higher value certificates: like instead of requiring $100 in spend to get $50 off, you only need to spend $75. Win some, lose some, I suppose. Restaurant.com does offer some terrific value in some restaurants; it's always worth a look where you live, work or travel.
Old May 31, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Code: GRADS
Discount: 60% off
Expiration: Friday, June 1, 2012
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:20 am

Code: DAD
Discount: 40% off
Expiration: Saturday, June 9, 2012
Old Jun 9, 2012, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Vapno
The thing that's bothersome (besides the spending req) is the high rejection rate. Necessitates calling ahead, and then the person that answers thinks you're crazy and doesn't know what you're talking about.

It's clear that a great number of these establishments do not know how to claim a redemption. I would say around half of my used certs are still sitting unused in my account. I suppose I could wait a few months and reprint them but what I've been doing is just waiting for the eatery to get pulled. Naturally, if an eatery doesn't understand how to claim credit for them, they're going to give up within a year. The problem is that most of them take the lazy route and just start rejecting patrons versus formally withdrawing with Restaurant.com.
I also notice that some restaurants don't call the number to redeem the certificate. Not sure why, but they don't really get anything from it other than making sure the person can't use it again. They don't get anything from Restaurant.com from it except perhaps some survey results. In these cases I manually delete the certs from my account. I have so many generic eGift cards that I am not concerned with getting more by cashing them back in when the restaurant pulls out.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Code: CELEBRATE
Discount: 50% off
Expiration: Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:05 am

Code: FUN
Discount: 60% off
Expiration: Friday, June 29, 2012
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:04 am

Any recommendations for restaurants in NYC? Most of the ones on the list look like losers, any gems?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K
I have restaurant.com certificates earned through other promotions, but never used them...restaurants I'm interested in are not included...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:29 am

Code: TRAVEL
Discount: 80% off
Expiration: Thursday, July 12, 2012
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by kanerf
Code: TRAVEL
Discount: 80% off
Expiration: Thursday, July 12, 2012
I tried this code just now and it's only giving me 50% off. Is the 80% at select restaurants or some other fine print?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
I tried this code just now and it's only giving me 50% off. Is the 80% at select restaurants or some other fine print?
Not sure. They have the following disclaimer on the email:

The majority of Restaurant-Specific Gift Certificates are available for the advertised price. In some instances, prices may be higher. eGift Cards and Gift Cards are separately priced. Limit of one (1) certificate per visit to a restaurant. Minimum spend requirements and other restrictions on the Restaurant-Specific Gift Certificates vary and are subject to change.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Yup, tried to buy a gift card, only a 50% discount with this code. Too bad. I did load up on ebay a month ago -- I haven't checked lately, but I suspect you're still better off buying certs there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.