Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

CLICK REWARDS is back--kinda.

Old May 8, 02, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA

Received a "welcome back to the NEW Click Rewards" e-mail today. Re-enroll for 250 Click points. Reasonable selection of merchants, although you can do better with some of the same merchants through the airline web sites (OfficeMax is 1 point for every $1 spent--at the Northwest airlines site it is 6 miles for every $1)...and get this: right now, the only airline redemption us U.S. Air!
Old May 8, 02, 3:11 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA Plat (3MM)/Hyatt Plat/former HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snackyx:
Re-enroll for 250 Click points. </font>
I re-enrolled, and then received the following message:

You have earned 250 Bonus ClickMiles for completing your account profile. These will be awarded with your next purchase!

So, you have to also complete a purchase in order to receive the 250 "re-enrollment" points. Not only is USAir the only airline, but Starwood is also gone. So am I (at least until they get some more redemption partners).

Old May 8, 02, 3:32 pm

My offer was for updating my membership information. The points did not automatically post. Maybe tomorrow!
"We value your membership and are working on ways for you to earn ClickMiles quickly and easily. You can start with up to 250 ClickMiles just for visiting the ClickRewards site and updating your membership information!"
And this bonus bait:
But we're not stopping there: we'll also help to boost your balance by giving you a 5% bonus* on all of the ClickMiles you earn over the next 3 months.

[This message has been edited by anz5708 (edited 05-08-2002).]
Old May 8, 02, 4:10 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
I also enrolled, now I am back almost to the same amount of clickmiles that I had in my balance (after the fist purchase, of course)

No American Airlines, Delta or *wood = no shopping from me

Hopefully they will get more partners soon
Old May 8, 02, 4:48 pm
anr

I re-enrolled, and of course need to purchase to get the 250 points. I wonder what a quick 250 would be to give 500 and then transfer out to US.

I also just got another email from them:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
, ....
</font>
Any ideas what is says?????

[Edited]
Well it seems that this board doesn't support the language of this email.....It looks possibly russian...but that's a big guess.

[This message has been edited by anr (edited 05-08-2002).]
Old May 8, 02, 5:13 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
It's how you can get 10 Starwood points for each clickmile.

All you have to do is to decipher it

Old May 8, 02, 8:28 pm

I also received a message from them (this is regarding to a post by anr) - which said, in Russian, something like "we have received your question and we respond to you as soon as possible" - which is extremely weird. So they either (a) had been hacked by Russians, (b) oursource programming to Russia or employ some Russian programmers who goofed with the e-mail list, or (c) unlikely - had been bought by a Russian company?

It all is sort of fishy...
Old May 8, 02, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
I got the 2nd e-mail too.

Thought it was a crazy virus after I opened it. And in this particular e-mail address, I usually delete everything because it's all about ads.

Not impressed with Click Rewards again.
Old May 9, 02, 1:01 am

The literal translation is:
"I will reply to your letter as soon as I read it" !?
Old May 9, 02, 1:32 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I got both email messages too. What a lovely way to start the company up again.

First, they send out a message saying that by putting your profile information in you'll get 250 ClickMiles and then tell you after you've done it that it's conditional on a purchase that they never told you about.

Second, they send out an email in a foreign language.

Is there a book "How Not to Succeed in Business" that these folks study? They could write the "How to drive customers away by making deceptive, fraudulent offers" and "How to drive customers away by sending strange looking email" chapters, at least.
Old May 9, 02, 6:56 am
sim

When I was browsing thru the site the other day I looked at the redemption value for US Air. 900 clickmiles = 500 US Air miles. Not as good as before.
Old May 9, 02, 7:17 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sim:
When I was browsing thru the site the other day I looked at the redemption value for US Air. 900 clickmiles = 500 US Air miles. Not as good as before.</font>
sim, They've now changed it to 500 clickmiles = 500 US Airways miles.
Old May 9, 02, 7:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snackyx:
... and get this: right now, the only airline redemption us U.S. Air!</font>
I complained about this and was told AA will be back next week and more airlines will follow.

Old May 9, 02, 7:50 am

Received the email about updating my info. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Am I the only one who isn't going to take the bait? 1000 "new" Clickrewards points that don't actually achieve any value = 1000 "classic" Clickrewards that never achieved value. At least that was my experience. I've asked them to remove my info rather than update it. Good luck everyone!
Old May 9, 02, 10:24 am

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA-Hilton/Silver, Starwood, Marriott/Silver
I can't even access the website through any of the links in the email. I keep getting a "cannot find" message.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: