Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

goldpoints on shipping?

goldpoints on shipping?

Old Mar 1, 02, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

goldpoints on shipping?

Hello. Well, my Hickory Farms orders from 12-19-01 finally posted to my GP account last night, but I was surprised to learn that I was awarded points based on pre-shipping order totals. When I called GoldPoints, they informed me that this was and has always been their policy. However, when I called them on 12-19, they told me that I would get points based on my order total (amount billed). Can anyone clarify?

BTW, to add insult to injury, I discovered that GP rounds point totals DOWN to the nearest dollar, so that my $20.99 order only got credited as $20.
Old Mar 1, 02, 7:01 pm

I've found that GoldPoints, in my experience, has *always* been doing both of these (both giving points on pre-shipping totals, plus rounding down to the nearest dollar).

Mike
Old Mar 2, 02, 1:05 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Pretty standard practice with all shopping portals, in my experience. Still a far better deal than anywhere else, even if you got no points for the $.99 and S/H.
Old Mar 3, 02, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Most if not all shopping portals don't award on shipping because the merchants don't pay them commissions on the shipping (perhaps this is why some sites like to have very high shipping fees?).

The round down does seem to happen on GP with any cents, even 99... and that does stink.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: