Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

AA - 20 Partners

AA - 20 Partners

Old Jul 18, 2001, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
AA - 20 Partners

A partner recommendation: Erin Go Braugh

When I called I asked if there was minimum donation. The guy on the phone said, in his best NJ accent, "uh ... a dollar?" I would suggest calling and confirming this if you're planning on sending them only a dollar. I plan on sending in at least $10, and maybe $50 - I have an uncle who would love that golf shirt!

The bad part is you can't just zap the donation onto a credit card on the phone, you have to send in a check to the address they give at their site, http://www.eringobragh.net/, which I have shown below.

Erin Go Bragh Foundation, Inc., New Jersey
37 Clinton Road, Glen Ridge, NJ, 07028
Tel 973-680-9585

From the site:

"Make a donation to The Erin Go Bragh Foundation and get 15 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles per dollar."

"The best part is, the IRS considers the cash value of frequent flyer miles to be 2 cents per mile, making 70% of your donation tax-deductible."

"Now, for a limited time while supplies last, donors of $50 or more will receive a free Velocity® golf shirt in addition to the AAdvantage miles. The shirts are hunter green with a gold Claddaugh hand-embroidered on the left crest. This shirt is a great item to have for St. Patrick's Day! We even pay for the shipping!"

"Make your check payable to The Erin Go Bragh Foundation, Inc. and mail it to the address above, including your AAdvantage number in the Memo field. If the person making payment is not the same as the person receiving the miles, include the name and AAdvantage account of the person to be credited. You may want, at your discretion, to supply us with a phone number or email address. Miles will be credited electronically and will be in your account within five days of receipt of your donation."

[This message has been edited by lisamcgu (edited 07-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by lisamcgu (edited 07-20-2001).]
Old Jul 18, 2001, 3:12 pm

more on this @
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/004345.html
they are actually posting 30 miles per dollar instead of the 15 they promise, even a $1 donation will get you miles (within a week of sending in a check) and there seem to be all sorts of referral bonuses on top of that

[This message has been edited by mashav (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old Jul 18, 2001, 6:42 pm

I also wanted that golf shirt as we are going to Ireland this summer, and my husband loves to golf. I'm not sure what the outcome will be but I sent in $50 but gave the FF#'s for my family of four, and asked to please send the shirt in my husbands size. I didn't bother looking for the referral miles. I'll keep you posted. The miles posted in 3 days still waiting to see if the shirt arrives.
Old Jul 18, 2001, 7:59 pm

I recommend this one very highly!! I mailed them a check on a Tuesday; on Friday the miles were posted at 30 per $.
Old Jul 20, 2001, 11:26 am

Programs: AA,UA,HH,Marriott
My husband received his golf shirt yesterday. I'd forgotten to give them his size, so they wrote to ask me for it. It's a very nice shirt, and comes complete with a logo of www.eringobragh.com. ;-) Jean
Old Jul 20, 2001, 11:55 am

What a great partner! I split my $50 donation among three family members. The miles (30 per $) posted within 3 days of mailing the check. They wrote to ask what size that I wanted for the golf shirt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.