Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Another Great Feature From Greenpoints.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2000, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

For those of you who are earning those S&H GreenPoints, here is another valuable thing to consider:

The more advanced awards from GreenPoints.com featuring the airline awards (ex. American/Continental/Delta...free 48 State travel, 48 to Hawaii, 48 to Caribbean, etc) all earn normal frequent flyer miles when they are redeemed! This is not a bad deal when you consider it. The only thing I really wonder is if the travel counts as elite credit (we want everything!) when you take the trip.

If anyone has received and used the advanced awards (over 100,000 Greenpoints), please inform all of us.

Thanks!

Bob Linderman
Akron, OH
Old Jul 9, 2000, 7:25 pm
DH

Let me do the math -

US 48 states travel award: 149,000 pts or 29,800 miles (59.6 x 500 miles certificates)
US Canada travel award: 179,000 pts or 35,800 (71.06 x 500 miles certificates)
US - Hawaii travel award: 279,000 pts or 55,800 miles (111.6 x 500 miles certificates)

Unless GreenPoints raises the pts for 500 miles certificates, redeeming for miles get you the tickets faster. Specially, on DL whos Hawaiian award ticket is 30,000 miles, you could get almost two tickets with 279,000 pts. Getting the ticket which earn miles is nice but the premium is too high, IMHO.

------------------
For money savings ideas & tips check ValueConsumer.com
Old Jul 11, 2000, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Excellent point, DH...

I would suppose that the award gets a bit closer on the 149,000 point award if American Airlines would give me my double miles bonus for being a Platinum member...However, on the other awards, as you said, you would be much better off receiving the certificates for 2,500 GreenPoints. Thanks again for the clarification.
Old Jul 11, 2000, 7:58 pm

BobLinderman, I thought the same as DH after reading your first post, but was intrigued nonetheless. I've earned over 350,000 pts with greenpoints.com to date, but that's only after a month's worth of use. I shop ALOT for work related supplies, so the GP site has come in quite handy.

I had an additional 198,000 posted today and almost followed your advise, I mean, it's tempting to get the miles from the flight in addition to the free ticket, but felt it was too much of a premium for an advanced ticket, I opted for the ff points instead. Thanks for your post!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.