Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Speedy Rewards Program

Speedy Rewards Program

Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
Speedy Rewards Program

Does anyone else here take advantage of earning Speedy Rewards points via the Speedway Gas Stations program? I've been able to accumulate a decent dollar amount worth of points this year mostly by utilizing the credit card points earned through gasoline purchases, and by reserving my hotel rooms utilizing the Speedy Rewards mall. As someone who mostly drives for work using their own vehicle, and having 90 hotel stays per year, these were purchases that I would have to do anyway, and for which I am reimbursed.
The search function showed some very old posts regarding this program, so I thought I would start a new one to see who else participates currently.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I do Uber as a side gig, gas is important as a driver. Normally I go to Costco, but Speedway is my secondary gas station of choice as they tend to be cheaper than most. I have over 100k points overall. Aside from gas purchase and redeeming points to get .10 cents off gas, I also take in their club offers as well, such as chips, starbucks, and soda purchase. I only use the card for Speedway only though.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
I was surprised to find the gas redemptions not to be a good deal. I use points for gift cards, but the earning
is quite slow. I would imagine you could find a better program for hotels.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I've managed to take advantage of bonus point opportunities, but have yet to redeem for anything.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
I earned over 275,000 Speedy points this year on hotel stays alone. (Reservations made through the Speedy Rewards Mall).
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA MM Gold, SPG & Marriott Plat
I've found the Speedy Mastercard useful. Is 50pts/$ on Speedway spend. So 200 in gift cards (Amazon, Visa, whatever I need) adds 10K pts to your balance. Roughly equal to 60 cents off per gallon. My car will usually take 16 or so gallons, so to max the discount (up to 25 gal.) I get someone else to bring their car, or use gas cans for the other 9. To me, the 60 cents off is worth 25g * $0.60/g = 15. I look at it as getting ~15 in benefit for buying 200 of stuff, or ~7.5% return. Or ~4.5% return if buying the Visa which costs 5.95.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:05 pm

This is a hidden gem!

Anyone else taking advantage of this card and the approx 5% return (min) at Speedway- just curious as there should be a thread on this!
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Last Father’s day Speedway promotion was $100.00 Lowes card gave you a $15,00 gas card and 500 points,

Spent $6,000 on carpet at Lowe’s received $900.00 in gas from Speedway,, it all adds up,

Friend bought the carpet received 10% off military discount at Lowes,
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by sluggs68
Anyone else taking advantage of this card and the approx 5% return (min) at Speedway-!
I don't see this benefit of speedy rewards
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by satman40
Last Father’s day Speedway promotion was $100.00 Lowes card gave you a $15,00 gas card and 500 points,

Spent $6,000 on carpet at Lowe’s received $900.00 in gas from Speedway,, it all adds up,

Friend bought the carpet received 10% off military discount at Lowes,
I did the gift card deal as well and got enough to pay for gas for a while.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by ktremor
I did the gift card deal as well and got enough to pay for gas for a while.
Cool

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.