Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

eBates Just did something I've never seen before

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones

I've tried a myriad of shopping portals, and eBates just showed me why they are the best. In December last year, they had a 12% cash back on IHG reservations. I made a two night BOGO stay at the IC SIN with a third night on award. The hotel combined the three into a single bill, and the cash back never posted. I just today submitted the eBates online form for the credit, and their reply, about 8 hours later, was that though they hadn't received their compensation, I shouldn't have to wait any longer. The full 12% posted to my eBates account and shows that it will be paid out to my PayPal account 5/15. This is the only one that hadn't posted since I switched over to them, and I'm impressed. I've missed out on thousands of MyPoints and cash back on other sites, with lame excuses as to why they couldn't honor and post them. I guess it comes down to that word: honor.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Good for you, glad it worked. I use TCB and MREBATES. The only problems I've had is whenever I made a booking for Budget Car Rental, they always track and are confirmed at $0.00 I get the same excuse that I used a rate that was not applicable to their T&C. Might have to check them out.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: AA PLT
I'm personally a fan of TCB in general, but I've had great luck with eBates in situations where I don't think TCB would've paid out.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Just to be careful changes made to the reservation at the hotel will void Cash Back.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
I've tried a myriad of shopping portals, and eBates just showed me why they are the best. In December last year, they had a 12% cash back on IHG reservations. I made a two night BOGO stay at the IC SIN with a third night on award. The hotel combined the three into a single bill, and the cash back never posted. I just today submitted the eBates online form for the credit, and their reply, about 8 hours later, was that though they hadn't received their compensation, I shouldn't have to wait any longer. The full 12% posted to my eBates account and shows that it will be paid out to my PayPal account 5/15. This is the only one that hadn't posted since I switched over to them, and I'm impressed. I've missed out on thousands of MyPoints and cash back on other sites, with lame excuses as to why they couldn't honor and post them. I guess it comes down to that word: honor.
I just had a similar experience with Ebates in which the store reported a dollar amount less than what I really purchased. Ebates adjusted the amount based upon the evidence I provided. It was very quick and easy to get them to fix it.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by haroldflyer
I just had a similar experience with Ebates in which the store reported a dollar amount less than what I really purchased. Ebates adjusted the amount based upon the evidence I provided. It was very quick and easy to get them to fix it.
Wow, there's a blast from the past. Since my original post, I've had many similiar experiences with eBates, now Rakutam. Sixt rentals in Thailand generally don't post without an email, Marriotts that I've used MegaTix vouchers either, plus my annual BOGO stay with IHG. The corrections happen quickly and never the "usual" run-around you get from other sites. As stated by anohter post, if there's a price adjustment, be prepared to email them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.