Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Uh-oh: Ryanair to consider making passengers stand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uh-oh: Ryanair to consider making passengers stand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:25 am

Ryanair seems to be making comments like this to get publicity.

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I'm surprised that they haven't removed overhead lockers to save weight and fuel while making everyone check in everything that doesn't fit into the seat in front of them and making more money that way.
+1 except Ryanair claims to be getting rid of checked luggage.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=ax.RE5dwhe7A

That will reduce staffing requirements at the airport but I'd think fees for checked bags more then covers the cost of staffing. I agree with the analyst, this sounds like an attempt to negotiate lower baggage handling fees with airports. My opinion might be different if Ryanair thinks they can carry more freight.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 1:59 am

this airline isn't worth spending even 1 c on. I vote with my wallet and anyone willing to pay for this product - well that is your own fault.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 2:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by lewisc
Ryanair seems to be making comments like this to get publicity.

+1 except Ryanair claims to be getting rid of checked luggage.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=ax.RE5dwhe7A

That will reduce staffing requirements at the airport but I'd think fees for checked bags more then covers the cost of staffing. I agree with the analyst, this sounds like an attempt to negotiate lower baggage handling fees with airports. My opinion might be different if Ryanair thinks they can carry more freight.
Ugh! I guess passengers on longer trips would have buy their liquids like shampoos etc at the destination too.

Anyway, it doesn't affect me as long as other airlines do not follow suit - I never have travelled on Ryanair, and I never will (I'd go the long/expensive way round so as not to travel on Ryanair ).

I don't think they'd go ahead with 'no checked baggage' thing though. I think it's a ploy to inflate the checked baggage charges and deflate the fees that handling companies charge.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Ha!!! What's next???

Parachuting to avoid landing fees?
Putting seats in the checked luggage area?

Doesn't matter how cheap the flight is you will never get me to fly standing!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:56 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Well I guess once this is implemented it’s only a matter of time until passengers lose the very last shred of decency. Airlines will require you to remove all clothing to reduce the aircrafts overall gross weight. BLIND ME NOW!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
concept sketches here:
www.nrc.nl/redactie/foto/ryanair/index.html

Intended for flights of around an hour. Spring is already moving ahead in China.
Major logistics issues IMO for short people and children. Their legs wouldn't reach the ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.