Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair says lost bag is now at Logan, but where?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022 | 9:14 am
Original Poster

Asking for a friend who flew Ryanair in June 2022. Ryanair lost their bag, friend filed a claim. Rather than pay, Ryanair eventually changed the status to "resolved" and sent an email to my friend saying "bag has been found and is now at the Boston airport; suggest you contact them." (Friend lives in California.) No one will be surprised that Ryanair has not responded to a follow up inquiry about where exactly at "the Boston airport" is the bag and who should be gotten in touch with. Friend called main info number at Logan, where the agent said "no idea, have a nice day" and hung up. Any suggestions about resolving this with Ryanair and Logan?
Old Dec 28, 2022 | 9:24 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by mc510
Asking for a friend who flew Ryanair in June 2022. Ryanair lost their bag, friend filed a claim. Rather than pay, Ryanair eventually changed the status to "resolved" and sent an email to my friend saying "bag has been found and is now at the Boston airport; suggest you contact them." (Friend lives in California.) No one will be surprised that Ryanair has not responded to a follow up inquiry about where exactly at "the Boston airport" is the bag and who should be gotten in touch with. Friend called main info number at Logan, where the agent said "no idea, have a nice day" and hung up. Any suggestions about resolving this with Ryanair and Logan?
Ryanair don't fly to Boston. So they won't have baggage handling agents contracted there. Suggest you contact airport customer service
Old Dec 28, 2022 | 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lfc84
Ryanair don't fly to Boston. So they won't have baggage handling agents contracted there. Suggest you contact airport customer service
Right, that's what my friend did as soon as they received the email from Ryanair. As I mentioned, the Logan customer service agent said she had no idea how my friend could get the bag. What we are wondering is who should we contact at Logan (at what phone number) for assistance locating the bag, or any way to get Ryanair to provide some information about locating the bag at Logan (like what flight did they send it on; did they affix a different tracking label) ... and, if the bag is located at Logan, how to get Ryanair to get it sent on to where my friend lives.

Last edited by mc510; Dec 28, 2022 at 10:19 am
Old Dec 28, 2022 | 3:34 pm
20 Years on Site

How did your friend arrive at Logan airport in Boston? Your friend should contact that airline. Did your friend create a lost baggage report with that airline upon arrival? The last carrier on the itinerary is responsible for handling the baggage claim.
Old Dec 28, 2022 | 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjbiv
How did your friend arrive at Logan airport in Boston? Your friend should contact that airline. Did your friend create a lost baggage report with that airline upon arrival? The last carrier on the itinerary is responsible for handling the baggage claim.
My friend never went through Logan. The Ryanair flight was a standalone ticket from London to Stockholm; there was no connecting, no baggage transfer, no interlining (does Ryanair even do that?). There's no discernable reason why the bag should have gone to Logan, much less stayed there, but that's what Ryanair says.
Old Dec 29, 2022 | 3:46 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I am afraid that's solely Ryanair's responsibility to sort that out - if you can't get the bag back after 21 days (e.g. delivered to you) it's technically regarded as written off, and you can claim up to 1400 in compensation. To sort this with Ryanair will be a pain though.

To say 'it's now in Boston, call them' is a rather poor excuse for an airline. Pretty sure they now the regulation and just like to avoid to officially declare it as lost given the comp due.

Maybe it's better to directly raise the claim to get the value of belongings recovered instead of asking to ship the bag to home.

Nota bene: if they still say case closed I would mention that you escalate the issue to the small claims court in the UK.

Last edited by Duck1981; Dec 29, 2022 at 3:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.