Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Multiple flight changes (with fare difference)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA S, Marriott Gold (UA), Hertz PC (UA), HH Gold (cc), Avis PP, National EC Executive

I booked RyanAir flight thinking that the 24hr "grace period" would allow cancellation (it does not! grr).

I made a change to the flights (different airports) instead but fare went down. The difference in fare is not refunded.

Two questions:
1) Say I make another change, is the "value" of the ticket the original fare amount or has it been permanently reduced to the cost of the second flight?
2) Is there someway to put the ticket in a "cancelled" state and use it in the future? I guess I could change the flight to far far in the future, but then I'm going to incur roughly $100 of change fees - one change to far in the future, and the change in the future to the flight I actually want
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
1) It should be the amount you paid originally, however FR might try to argue you forfeit the difference in fare when accepting the change.

2) Your only option is to cancel and substantially lose the fare paid or pay (change fee and any fare difference) to change the ticket to a date in the future.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN
Originally Posted by bigwings8
I booked RyanAir flight thinking that the 24hr "grace period" would allow cancellation (it does not! grr).

I made a change to the flights (different airports) instead but fare went down. The difference in fare is not refunded.

Two questions:
1) Say I make another change, is the "value" of the ticket the original fare amount or has it been permanently reduced to the cost of the second flight?
2) Is there someway to put the ticket in a "cancelled" state and use it in the future? I guess I could change the flight to far far in the future, but then I'm going to incur roughly $100 of change fees - one change to far in the future, and the change in the future to the flight I actually want
I am facing the same question - did you get any definite answer from Ryanair maybe on point 1)? Given that you already seem to have made the change, would you mind checking what the website shows you as the value of the ticket when you start making another change (without actually making it, of course)? If the savings in fare difference are forfeited, I will try to change to a flight/destination that is more expensive, otherwise I will just change to some placeholder dates and change it again when I actually want to fly (new dates aren't clear yet).

Last edited by VirtuallyThere; Dec 1, 2022 at 6:12 am
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN
My original flight was coming up, so I had to change the reservation to a future date - as I don't know yet when I want to travel, I looked for any destination that had as closely as possible a price as the original booking. Here's the original value of the booking:

I then changed to these flights:

So the outbound flight was EUR 7.20 more than the original outbound flight, and the new inbound was EUR 2.60 cheaper. Ryanair made me pay the EUR 7.20 fare difference for the outbound, and did not refund the EUR 2.60

When entering the "change booking" screen after completing this change, this is what is shown:

So, it looks like you forgo any amounts resulting from changing to a lower fare

Overall, this makes using the "FlexiPlus" fare in a flexible fashion fairly complicated.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Paying EUR 200 or more for FR ticket is beyond me (even for Flexi Plus whatever). You buy a FR ticket 3-4 weeks out when fares at their lowest and toss it if your travel plans change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.