Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Fares crossed out with a reduction below them and predicting price direction

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia

Fares crossed out with a reduction below them - what does that mean about the likelihood of increase/decrease? I am just hoping to get the best fare for my journey ie not too early and not too late before departure date.

eg MAN - TFS in March, some are about £35 crossed out and down to £29, others are higher eg £87 but not crossed out?

The advertising banners say €29.99 but that seems to have no relation to the actual prices offered.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
For travel in March you are def. too early. Most likely the fares will drop until 2-3 weeks before depature.

Crossed out fares means that FR is applying some kind of promotion. To get a clear picture of when, how and why is nearly impossible. Seems almost random (but most likely it is not). It doesn't say anything about whether the fare is likely to increase or drop. Just keep monitoring the fares on the webpage and you will get a fairly good idea of when the fares are low.

However, £ 29 is not unreasonable for TFS whereas £ 87 is too much (unless we are talking about Sunday afternoon flights back to the UK)
SherlockMiles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.