Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Upgrading to Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

Is it typically going to cost the same to upgrade from "Value" to "Regular" (i.e. priority boarding + seat selection) at a future date post booking?

I am thinking of booking a couple of Ryanair flights, but I think the smart move is to pay the absolute minimum today, and the rest when I am completely sure the trip will happen...

Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 11:56 pm
Suspended

I'm not totally sure moving from value to regular is possible post-booking. But 'Priority' itself certainly tends to become costly if adding it at a later stage. It usually starts at EUR 8 and then goes up to EUR 20 or EUR 22 closer to the departure date. It's also possible that Priority is sold out close to the departure date.

Of course, I agree with you there is a trade-off. If you end up not using the ticket, you've had unnecessary expenses on ancillaries. (You might want to read this thread which has some relevant info on what happens to ancillaries in case of a rebooking under covid rules.)
Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It will be more expensive post booking. You will not be able to change from value to regular fare, but you will be able to add each of the services, but overall it will be more expensive. Anyway, I follow the same strategy as you suggest. Pay the absolute minimum when the booking is made and then add services once it's clear that I will use the ticket and what I need (I often travel with small bag only and I never pay to select seat or for priority boarding; I simply don't care about this).
hotel_user likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.