Wiki Posts
Search

Ryanair compensation????

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Ryanair compensation????

I was booked with a few friends to go to CPH from LTN last week for the day. We arrived at the airport and after security they said the flight was delayed from 11.35 to 13.15. This was then delayed to 14.50 followed by 16.35. As I had a 22.15 flight back that evening to STN, I decided to take the flight incase of compensation. Ryanair did'nt give an excuse, but it will probably the French ATC strike. Does anyone know if or how can I get compensation or any money back?!?!?!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does this route normally go through French airspace? I don't think so, or if so, it would seem easy to avoid.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does this route normally go through French airspace? I don't think so, or if so, it would seem easy to avoid.
Flights between London airports and Copenhagen normally never go south of Amsterdam. Whether that means they are within reach of French ATC, I don't know.

Typically from London they fly a fairly direct route, to London they will go down around Amsterdam and swing right. Depending a bit on the airport they are heading to.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
So what do you suggest I do?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You are the person who raised the issue of French airspace and thus ATC, not the carrier.

I suppose that you can just go ahead and file a claim. If it is paid, all the better. If not, you will at least have the carrier's reasoning as to why the delay was an extraordinary circumstance and you may elect to pursue it further or not.

The French airspace issue is a mess not just in French airspace but in adjoining areas because flights are pushed into those adjoining areas and the airspace becomes saturated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.