Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The RYANAIR thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:12 am

What is Ryanair's policy for rebooking when they changed the time of your flight? Mine is shifted only 50 minutes later, which normally would not be a big problem but in this case it means I'll miss the last tube home, which is annoying. Can I get rebooked to another flight on the same day or no go?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think yes. When I have had a change of that order I was even able to persuade the agent to let me change the routes altogether. I ended up with a ticket worth a lot more and rebooked the original trip at lower cost with the new schedule.

Its literally a 10 second operation for then to rebook pax as they do not have any tickets. It’s their own software.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA KL
First post here in a long time!

Hoping to book Edinburgh - Beziers flights in April 2020. Anyone have a good guesstimate when FR are likely to release the bookings for April onwards?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:01 am

Is there anyway to tell how many seats are left on a Ryanair flight?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Hellfire
Number of tickets left to purchase: no.

Number of seats left to be allocated: go through the booking process up to the page where they try to sell you seat selection.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Hellfire
the FR website allows you to book up to 25 passengers ... you can keep making booking attempts until the flight becomes unavailable ...

for example i just had a go at LPL-DUB this evening ... available for a 4 pax booking ... but "sold out" if you try and book for 5 pax.
cockpitvisit and Hellfire like this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Flight change !!!

Sorry if answered already I’m looking for a quick reply. If I change date of flight pay fee difference & charges what’s happens my extras ie checked bag and seat selections and fast track security?? Do these get moved to new date?? Thanks in advance, can’t find this on there website
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
the FR website allows you to book up to 25 passengers ... you can keep making booking attempts until the flight becomes unavailable ...

for example i just had a go at LPL-DUB this evening ... available for a 4 pax booking ... but "sold out" if you try and book for 5 pax.
Thanks, that managed to catch a random fare drop and booked by flight.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So I am back to having an experience with Ryanair, reasonably reassured that the pilots strike in the UK won't affect a German domestic flight. I managed to book CGN-SXF for €5.40 and I got the return for €23.00. However, looking at the Ryanair site I see that the flight is operated by Air Malta, which is sort of odd. I know Ryanair have an interest in Air Malta, but I have never seen one of their flights operated by anything other than their own metal. Of course, they don't do codeshares or joint ventures like the normal airlines. So this will be an interesting trip, a bit of an aviation geek's outing. And the CGN-SXF route will be apparently dropped from the end of October, so it is a chance to collect a couple more flight numbers (which interestingly are quite low, FR184 and FR189; usually Ryanair flight numbers are some unmemorable 4-digit combination).
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
However, looking at the Ryanair site I see that the flight is operated by Air Malta, which is sort of odd. I know Ryanair have an interest in Air Malta, but I have never seen one of their flights operated by anything other than their own metal.
It's "Malta Air", not "Air Malta" (which is a different airline).

Had a flight on them recently (PMI-CGN), it's basically Ryanair metal. Same seats, same service. Just a different operating company, probably to get some extra government subsidies or something like that.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:10 pm

Malta Air

However, looking at the Ryanair site I see that the flight is operated by Air Malta, which is sort of odd. I know Ryanair have an interest in Air Malta, but I have never seen one of their flights operated by anything other than their own metal.
sounds like it's mostly a tax reduction structuring decision !

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/r...-of-malta-air/
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, yes, a poster corrected me over at the Air Malta forum. I wonder if it’s a bit like what easyJet did back in the late 1990s with TEA Switzerland (or TEA Basel?) when they set up what turned out to be a successful base in Geneva.

Incidentally, for those low fares I used jetcost.de which farmed me out to edreams.de, where I had to pay by direct bank transfer (Giropay) in Germany. Another, lastminute.de, offered amazing discounts if you could pay with a Diners Club card which I don’t have. FlyGo in Spain offered ridiculous prices if paying with an AMEX but I wasn’t able to put a purchase through.

Be careful with all these OTAs and check the final price before you click COMPRA or KAUFEN or whatever. In several of my attempts the price had sneakily leapt up to over 100 Euros without warning me (presumably depending on the payment method used). In these cases, the box with the amount indicated was conveniently out of sight, requiring scrolling back up. I think a lot of these outfits are what you call in Germany a Saftladen.

Last edited by Concerto; Sep 6, 2019 at 1:41 am
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:58 am

Incidentally, for those low fares I used jetcost.de which farmed me out to edreams.de, where I had to pay by direct bank transfer (Giropay) in Germany. Another, lastminute.de, offered amazing discounts if you could pay with a Diners Club card which I don’t have. FlyGo in Spain offered ridiculous prices if paying with an AMEX but I wasn’t able to put a purchase through.
did you check the price on Ryanair's own website ?
i don't think FR ever sell their seats cheaper through OTAs.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I paid for €5.40 for the outbound (Ryanair price was €13). For the inbound I paid €23 (Ryanair price was €26). Still a bargain for a trip to Berlin!
It seems the OTAs periodically make offers for using different cards, or for paying by direct bank transfer. Enfin, if I get into trouble in a week's time, I will certainly post here about it. But according to Ryanair's website, the bookings are live and I'm good to go.

Just a question about Ryanair, though. I see online check-in now costs €4, which it wasn't in the past. I presume there is a period just before the flight when OLCI will be free, maybe 48 hours. I haven't paid for seat reservations either and I am expecting we will get split into two middle seats, even though we're both on the same booking reference.

Last edited by Concerto; Sep 12, 2019 at 7:25 am Reason: clarify wrong flight prices
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You'll be fine using the OTA-I've done it once or twice.

Yes, its free <48h STD. But you might want to check in as late as possible, that is minimum 2h> STD to try to grab an Exit or Front Row seat for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.