Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to get from DME to Red Square?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Best way to get from DME to Red Square?

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this. I got an idea from the wikipedia page, but dose anyone have some first hand experience has to how to get from DME to the city center? And how long dose it usually take to get from the city center back to DME?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:54 am

Programs: BA GfL
Licensed taxi, roughly $40 and somewhere between 45 to 60 minutes depending on traffic. Taxi touts probably cost less but I didn't want to take any unnecessary risk to save $10 or $20.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by Peregrine415
Licensed taxi, roughly $40 and somewhere between 45 to 60 minutes depending on traffic. Taxi touts probably cost less but I didn't want to take any unnecessary risk to save $10 or $20.
1. Licenced taxi would be R2000 ($60)
2. Taxi touts are more expensive.
3. You can't really get by car from DME to Red Sq within 60 minutes except between, say, 11 pm and 6 am. During the day it's more of a spending-several-hours-in-traffic-jams kind of a trip.

Normally, you just take the express train to Paveletsky station and the metro from there. Search the forum and you'll see this has been flogged to death here

Last edited by apoivre; Apr 10, 2009 at 7:35 am
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by apoivre
1. Licenced taxi would be R2000 ($60)
Go-to.ru offers transfers for 1450 rubles from DME or 1200 to DME. Round-trip is 2500.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
You can also take the train if you want. Then metro from the across the street from the train station.

http://www.domodedovo.ru/en/main/getting/1/aero/
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
You can do the metro all the way or Aero Express then the metro. Its pretty simple.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: BA Blue, US, UA, FL, B6
Originally Posted by chanp
You can do the metro all the way or Aero Express then the metro. Its pretty simple.
Well, not really. You can take a bus to Domodedovskaya metro or the Aero Express to Paveletsky vokzal, which is attached to Paveletskaya metro.
Either way, take a green (2) line train to Teatralnaya. It may be fastest to transfer underground to Okhotny Ryad, because Teatralnaya is a few blocks away while Okhotny Ryad is directly across from Red Square, and you won't have to traverse any busy streets.
I think, if the train times work for you, the Aero Express to Paveletsky might be faster than a taxi, given what traffic can be. That should be about 1.25 hours door to door.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by SQFreak
Well, not really. You can take a bus to Domodedovskaya metro or the Aero Express to Paveletsky vokzal, which is attached to Paveletskaya metro.
Either way, take a green (2) line train to Teatralnaya. It may be fastest to transfer underground to Okhotny Ryad, because Teatralnaya is a few blocks away while Okhotny Ryad is directly across from Red Square, and you won't have to traverse any busy streets.
I think, if the train times work for you, the Aero Express to Paveletsky might be faster than a taxi, given what traffic can be. That should be about 1.25 hours door to door.
Technically you are correct, I stand corrected. You will have to walk out of the AE and walking down to the trains or bus to the metro. Have fun.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by apoivre
3. You can't really get by car from DME to Red Sq within 60 minutes except between, say, 11 pm and 6 am. During the day it's more of a spending-several-hours-in-traffic-jams kind of a trip.
So, if I'm catching a 6:30 am flight, I should be able to count on about a 60 minute trip?

Also, slightly off-topic for this thread, but how much time should I allow for check-in at DME? I will be flying BD with no checked bags and I'm *Gold.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:32 am

from domodedovo by aeroexpress

Originally Posted by bankops
You can also take the train if you want. Then metro from the across the street from the train station.

http://www.domodedovo.ru/en/main/getting/1/aero/
I do reccomend to avoid taxis. Traffic in Moscow is slow and unpredictable. Aeroepress trains will get you in 40 min. to Paveletskaya metro station.
You'll need a green line to get to Teatralnaya station (here you can find some info on how to use moscow metro http://www.bridgetomoscow.com/moscow-by-metro)
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
Go-to.ru offers transfers for 1450 rubles from DME or 1200 to DME. Round-trip is 2500.
My colleagues and I have used them several times and found them to be very reliable. However, depending on when you arrive, it could be a 2+ hour trip into the city.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: SU Silver, LH Senator
I might be digging up a not-so-fresh theme, but I'd still comment, so the people would get the info they might need.
First, I'd strongly recommend going to the airport by train. Not only there are less chances to get late, but also it's safer. Don't forget that the licensed and metered taxis' drivers are not paid for speed the get you to wherever you need, so they aren't in any hurry. Therefore, they won't worry much if you will be late to your plane. They'd say traffic, speed limits, etc - not their fault.
Trains, including the Metro are a lot more faster and reliable, for tourist.
I mean, if there's a designated car with a driver that transports you around the city during the period of your trip, that is another thing, but still, if it's not a 7-10AM departure, I'd prefer the train.
And it is a good idea to arrive either in DME or in SVO 2 hours before the departure of the plane. Regardless of whether you have luggage or travel light, it's just better to have that time than not to. And it's Russia, so you never know when and how this time might prove handy.)
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
I will be in Moscow in september, and have an horribly early morning flight leaving DME at 5:50 am. Yeah I know ouch!!! Is 4 am early enough to leave the novotel downtown? and the only way to back to the airport is taxis at this ungodly hour right?

thanks

synd
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:57 am

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
Originally Posted by synd
I will be in Moscow in september, and have an horribly early morning flight leaving DME at 5:50 am. Yeah I know ouch!!! Is 4 am early enough to leave the novotel downtown? and the only way to back to the airport is taxis at this ungodly hour right?

thanks

synd
4am is a good time to leave the hotel. You could take a mule and buggy to DME at that hour, going in a taxi shouldn't be an issue at all.... roads are pretty clear during that time.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by jredknapp11
4am is a good time to leave the hotel. You could take a mule and buggy to DME at that hour, going in a taxi shouldn't be an issue at all.... roads are pretty clear during that time.
lol and thanks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.