Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATM maximum daily withdrawal in Russia?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

ATM maximum daily withdrawal in Russia?

Does anyone know what the ATM maximum daily withdrawal limit is in Russia for a US-based bank (specifically Citibank)? Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2007, 12:22 am

The maximum is typically around 10,000 Rubles (US$391), though some banks allow up to 20,000RUR. According to chalf, Citibank's maximum is 15,000RUR ($588) as of 2 years ago.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 12:38 am

Programs: Aeroflot Gold, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Arrow

Originally Posted by sushi-samba
Does anyone know what the ATM maximum daily withdrawal limit is in Russia for a US-based bank (specifically Citibank)? Thanks!
The information I will list is for major cities (1 million+ population). Sberbank is a good place to go if you are in a smaller city, as many ATMs outside the major population centers have restrictions for withdrawing from foreign accounts).

I've regularly withdrawn 20,000 rubles from my Citibank account (I have private banking, though), depending on the ATM. Some ATMs have a limit as well (usually around 10,000 as noted elsewhere, although some have lower limits (just like the United States).

Marc David Miller
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
The daily maximum at IMB ATM's (ubiquitous in Moscow - see what the logo looks like at www.imb.ru) is R16 000.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are really asking 2 questions.

How much will your bank allow on a daily ATM withdrawal, and

How much can I withdraw from an individual ATM machine in Russia.

Your bank may have a written in stone max, or they may make flexable arrangements. My wonderful little southern maryland bank has a limit of something stupid like $280 a day. They cannot imagine why anyone would need more than a couple hundred dollars per day.

I arranged to have an open line at M&T against my commercial account. Would have taken all day hitting different ATM's(see below) to max that baby out.

Most individual ATM's have a limit. some are really small. the one in our hotel was about $200 equivalent. Have never found a $1000 equivalent machine in Europe. Will go to a number of different ATM's with different labels on them if I need more than one machine will present. drives me crazy when the ATM makes you guess the max.

Have gone into the bank in Paris and in Italy and had real money withdrawn at ATM rates.

Could not get an ATM card to work once in Paris, they filled out a very small piece of paper (3"x5") and gave me a copy and some $7500 equivalent. The debit never hit my bank. by the time I realized I was never charged, i had lost my copy, and since that was our first time staying in the 8th and we were wandering about, I have no idea where the bank is located.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:36 am
Suspended

OT: In Zurich at the main bank you can withdraw about Chf 2000.
Had to make a larger purchase in Germany and the bank run the card trough about 5 times. Quite a long reciept that was.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 7:31 am

I've found that in many outer cities the limit is 10,000 rubles....but that can depend on when the machine is filled with money. A few times I've been limited to 2000 and 4000 rubles because only 100 ruble notes were in the machines.

At DME it used to be a limit of 8000 rubles (sorry can't remember the name of the ATM provider). There were other ATM machines but they weren't linked to the cyrrus network. That is the main thing I look for in Russia - if its linked then you'll be fine with the transaction - if not be careful that your not getting a money advance on your credit card and the accompanying charges. Also, avoid ATM's in major hotels - you'll find the exchange rate to be about 5% lower than at a bank or credit union ATM.

Basically I always try to get money one day in advance from when I need it in Russia....although things are much different than even 4 or 5 years ago - its still Russia and better to be safe than sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.