Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Suggestions on places to stay in St. Petersburg?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE

I'll be in St. Petersburg at the end of August, waiting to meet up with some friends in Stockholm.

Been shopping around for apartments for the last few weeks, but the housing market in Russia is a real mess. Seems that there are a wealth of apartment websites catering to foreigners, some of which overlap and none of which strike me as quality and reliable. For example, I read a post over on Thorn Tree talking about the frequency of bait and switch tactics among the rental companies.

I have submitted myself to the fact that I'm probably going to end up paying 100+USD/night in St. Pete's, but what I'd really like to know is that I'm getting a good apartment at a reasonable price without getting screwed with.

Anyone out there spent any time and have a recommendation? I suppose I'm not limited to apartments, but after renting around the world it seems like the best choice so far..

Nat.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 3:51 am

User MaecDavidMiller here on FT might have some contacts or suggestions. He's the Managing Director of Discovering Russia - http://www.discoveringRussia.com

Otherwise, the two options below should meet your expectations for good apartment rentals at expected rates:

www.oksanas.net
www.cityrealtyrussia.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.