Wiki Posts
Search

How to get Invitation to support Tourist Visa

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 12:29 am
Original Poster

How to get Invitation to support Tourist Visa

Hi,
My wife and I are having a stopover in Moscow ( 4N ) on the way home to Australia from London.
I booked into the Metropol Hotel on a booking engine and I am having trouble getting a tourist invitation from the hotel to support my visa application.
I forwarded my visa application with all hotel details but it was rejected.
I am getting no help from the hotel.
I read of sites that offer a visa support application that originate from a third party rather than the hotel. Examples are http://waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html
Are these sites reliable and accepted by the Russian Visa staff?
Thank you in advance.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:13 am

Yes, there's a lot of details in the stickied visa thread here but many, including myself, have used an invitation from waytorussia or other similar sites to get a tourist visa.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iamflyer
Yes, there's a lot of details in the stickied visa thread here but many, including myself, have used an invitation from waytorussia or other similar sites to get a tourist visa.
Thank you for that .
I was concerned when I saw, among many happy customers , two comments re this kind of organizations being blacklisted by some consulates.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME most major hotels will issue these letters of invitation for a fee if you have a reservation. The letter needs to be signed by a Russian citizen on the hotel staff.

Some visa service agents have a way to get an acceptable invitation document from some other source. Just pick a reliable and established one and expect to pay.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IME most major hotels will issue these letters of invitation for a fee if you have a reservation. ..
For free if you have a reservation. If you cancel that reservation subsequently they may charge you some $20-100 depending on hotel fanciness...

Very surprised Metropol is not providing one for OP - it's pretty standard there...
Old May 10, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by azepine00
For free if you have a reservation. If you cancel that reservation subsequently they may charge you some $20-100 depending on hotel fanciness...

Very surprised Metropol is not providing one for OP - it's pretty standard there...
Hotel National provided the supporting letters promptly and with little fuss for a 2015 stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.