Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

How to get Invitation to support Tourist Visa

How to get Invitation to support Tourist Visa

Old May 9, 17, 12:29 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,587
How to get Invitation to support Tourist Visa

Hi,
My wife and I are having a stopover in Moscow ( 4N ) on the way home to Australia from London.
I booked into the Metropol Hotel on a booking engine and I am having trouble getting a tourist invitation from the hotel to support my visa application.
I forwarded my visa application with all hotel details but it was rejected.
I am getting no help from the hotel.
I read of sites that offer a visa support application that originate from a third party rather than the hotel. Examples are http://waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html
Are these sites reliable and accepted by the Russian Visa staff?
Thank you in advance.
ozflier is offline  
Old May 9, 17, 1:13 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 172
Yes, there's a lot of details in the stickied visa thread here but many, including myself, have used an invitation from waytorussia or other similar sites to get a tourist visa.
iamflyer is offline  
Old May 9, 17, 4:27 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,587
Originally Posted by iamflyer View Post
Yes, there's a lot of details in the stickied visa thread here but many, including myself, have used an invitation from waytorussia or other similar sites to get a tourist visa.
Thank you for that .
I was concerned when I saw, among many happy customers , two comments re this kind of organizations being blacklisted by some consulates.
ozflier is offline  
Old May 9, 17, 4:30 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,623
IME most major hotels will issue these letters of invitation for a fee if you have a reservation. The letter needs to be signed by a Russian citizen on the hotel staff.

Some visa service agents have a way to get an acceptable invitation document from some other source. Just pick a reliable and established one and expect to pay.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old May 10, 17, 12:06 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: LAX
Posts: 9,124
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
IME most major hotels will issue these letters of invitation for a fee if you have a reservation. ..
For free if you have a reservation. If you cancel that reservation subsequently they may charge you some $20-100 depending on hotel fanciness...

Very surprised Metropol is not providing one for OP - it's pretty standard there...
azepine00 is offline  
Old May 10, 17, 12:20 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,388
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
For free if you have a reservation. If you cancel that reservation subsequently they may charge you some $20-100 depending on hotel fanciness...

Very surprised Metropol is not providing one for OP - it's pretty standard there...
Hotel National provided the supporting letters promptly and with little fuss for a 2015 stay.
Coathanger is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread