Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa-free travel to Russia during CC 2017 and WC 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is there any update to all of this as regards visiting in June 2018? I am planning a visit in June but would be glad to know if there are any other circus hoops to jump through than just having a ticket to a match or two. Should be good fun if it works out. Do I need to get a fan ID for 2018?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:01 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by Concerto
Is there any update to all of this as regards visiting in June 2018? I am planning a visit in June but would be glad to know if there are any other circus hoops to jump through than just having a ticket to a match or two. Should be good fun if it works out. Do I need to get a fan ID for 2018?
You need a FAN ID for the visa-free travel.

We got 3 of ours, and waiting for the 4th to arrive in the mail.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw on the FIFA site that you have apply for the Fan ID after 13th March, once ticket sales to the matches begin. I believe there was a ticket lottery until now, unless I misunderstood.

Last edited by Concerto; Feb 28, 2018 at 5:26 am Reason: clarification
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:30 am
nnn

I saw on the FIFA site that you have apply for the Fan ID after 13th March, once ticket sales to the matches begin. I believe there was a ticket lottery until now, unless I misunderstood.
There have already been multiple rounds of lotteries and ticket sales -- it began last year. I believe another round of sales starts soon. Once you get confirmed for tickets, you may then apply for FAN IDs (we already have all of our FAN IDs).
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the current situation with tickets? Is it still possible to get a ticket for a match so I can create a Fan ID, or have all tickets already been sold or given away in lotteries? Obviously, I can’t create a Fan ID without a ticket and I presume if someone over in Russia obtains a ticket for me, it will be ineligible for making the Fan ID.

Last edited by Concerto; Mar 11, 2018 at 5:48 am Reason: post rewritten improved phrasing
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
What is the current situation with tickets? Is it still possible to get a ticket for a match so I can create a Fan ID, or have all tickets already been sold or given away in lotteries? Obviously, I can’t create a Fan ID without a ticket and I presume if someone over in Russia obtains a ticket for me, it will be ineligible for making the Fan ID.
First come first serve for the second phase starts tomorrow the 13th.
Cheers
Howie
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by nnn
There have already been multiple rounds of lotteries and ticket sales -- it began last year. I believe another round of sales starts soon. Once you get confirmed for tickets, you may then apply for FAN IDs (we already have all of our FAN IDs).
How long did it take for your Fan IDs? I just finally remembered to put my application in.
Cheers
Howie
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
First come first serve for the second phase starts tomorrow the 13th.
Cheers
Howie
Thanks Howie. Do you happen to have a weblink for the right place to look and buy (just so I end up in the right place!) ? I guess the link given in the wiki of the excellent TripAdvisor thread cited above is probably good for 2018 as well as 2017.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:45 am
nnn

How long did it take for your Fan IDs? I just finally remembered to put my application in.
I think three of ours arrived about 5 weeks after we applied, and the fourth arrived a couple weeks later. When they shipped, we received text messages with tracking numbers that we could plug into a website to see status. It still took a very long time after shipping for the FAN IDs to arrive, but they did finally get here.

Thanks Howie. Do you happen to have a weblink for the right place to look and buy (just so I end up in the right place!) ? I guess the link given in the wiki of the excellent TripAdvisor thread cited above is probably good for 2018 as well as 2017.
  1. Go here TODAY: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia? - Ticketing - FIFA.com
  2. Create a FIFA account.
  3. In a few hours, when the next sales round opens, have as many web browsers/computers as you can open, to maximize your chances of getting into the ticket sales room early in the queue.
  4. Once you get into the sales site, pick the game(s) you want tickets for (if the allocation has not sold out by then). If you are just buying throwaway tickets for the sole purpose of getting a FAN ID, then I suspect you will have no trouble finding a low-demand match to buy tickets for, but I don't know for sure. If you actually want a high-demand match, then you will want to get in early.
  5. Once you get the email confirmation of your ticket purchase, you can go to the FAN ID website and request FAN IDs.
There is an online forum with up-to-date discussion of FIFA ticket purchases, if you are interested: Russia 2018: Ticket Thread | Page 248 | BigSoccer Forum

Good luck!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to your help, my friend, I put in a request for a match I would like to see and apparently got approved! So all I need to do now is create a Fan ID, which I will do once I get home on Friday. I don’t know how I can pay you back. But I will pass it on at least, as one should in life. Next time someone comes to one of my shows (opera or musical, next up is ‘South Pacific’) I’ll give them a ticket and an easy guide through the piece. I’ve never done anything with football before and many people have never been to a stage show before. You have to start somewhere.
nnn likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Cheers
Howie
it took about a month in us last year.. they printed them in batches then shipping was a couple weeks
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If my request has been apparently approved, when and how do I find out about my ticket details, so I can get on with creating a Fan ID?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:58 am
nnn

If my request has been apparently approved, when and how do I find out about my ticket details, so I can get on with creating a Fan ID?
It should be in your confirmation email from FIFA.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That’s the thing that bothers me, I didn’t get a confirmation email.
Thought the whole thing maybe takes a bit of time to process.
When signing in, it says on my Requests Page that I have successfully applied for the ticket shown. So I suppose I don’t have to do any else at this stage.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:52 am
Suspended

whats the cheapest price for a tkt? Was wondering if its worth getting a tkt ( not gonna go to the game) just want to avoid the VISA fee and hassle of getting it. Want to go back to St Pete but would buy a tkt for somewhere else as most of St Petes games are favorites so less tkts and more demand = higher prices I would assume

Can tkts be purchased other then the lottery so as to get the Fan ID and free visa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.