Wiki Posts
Search

Early flight from DME

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, HH
Early flight from DME

I posted in BA's forum since it's a BA flight... Wiht a flight leaving at 5:15, what's the strategy?

I am thinking of getting to the airport late - 23:00 or so and crash at a Premier Pass lounge, but will I be able to get a boarding pass at that time?

What other options are there?

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Taxi or the last Aeroexpress (arrives at 01:13). Those on a really tight budget may take one of the last southbound trains on the green metro line, arriving at Domodedovskaja metro station at about 01:30 and then wait for the bus to the airport (they run 24/7/365).

Last edited by Temedar; Sep 18, 2015 at 2:01 am Reason: grrrrammar
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:54 am

Not sure how long you're in Moscow but another option is to stay the night before at the "AirHotel" which is right next to Domodedovo and a short walk to the airport (or they run a shuttle every 15 minutes).

If you're coming from Moscow I'd suggest the Aeroexpress as well; The last train leaves Paveletsky at 00:30 - if you miss that you'll have to do a taxi or the train / bus option that Temedar mentioned.

I've only been in the *A lounge at Domodedovo and can't comment on the other lounges but I know some are open 24 hours.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Now I need to figure out what to do in the city until midnight Hotel seems like a waste if I need to check out at midnight...
Old Sep 20, 2015, 6:39 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Artemk
Now I need to figure out what to do in the city until midnight Hotel seems like a waste if I need to check out at midnight...
I recently stayed at the Ibis by Paveletskaya, thinking that I was going to fly out of DME (its express train leaves from Paveletskaya station). Although that plan didn't exactly work out, it's still a cheap and clean option that you may be interested in.

There are also two other Accor hotels en situ, and a 24-hour supermarket (Seven Continents?) a few blocks north.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for ideas and hopefully this thread might be useful for somebody else.

I, actually, change the ticket to later departure. I get home later as well, but at least I get a good night's sleep before flying.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Well... you can always take a taxi or uber... though you'd get very few hours of sleep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.