Community
Wiki Posts
Search

16 hour layover in OVB

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

16 hour layover in OVB

First, I apologize if this was covered elsewhere. Despite reading several posts, I'm still confused.

Background: US passport holder, traveling from FRU to OVB, connecting in OVB to PEK. Both flights on S7 airline.

I will have a 16 hour layover in OVB. Despite finding numerous mentions of Visa-free transit for 20 country citizens, US included, it doesn't say anywhere whether if it's been implemented. I couldn't find anything on Russian Embassy website.

I would like to be able to leave the airport and see Novosibirsk during the 16 hour layover, without obtaining a visa. Is this possible? I will book a hotel room just to satisfy one of their requirements.

Or am I stuck in the airport for 16 hours? And if so, what can I do at the airport? I will fly business class on both legs, so I'm assuming there will be a lounge access.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by kip1124
I would like to be able to leave the airport and see Novosibirsk during the 16 hour layover, without obtaining a visa. Is this possible?
No
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
I would get a visa. A run into the city might be of interest to you but 16 hours at OVB could be a bit much to bear I think. A long nap/shower at the SkyPort Hotel beside the airport would be something I would consider.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies. I may have to book different dates just to avoid the long layover. I can't imagine being in the airport for 16 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.