How Cheap Is Moscow Now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Cheap Is Moscow Now?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
How Cheap Is Moscow Now?

With the currency at 57 to the dollar how great of a time is it to travel? I notice 5* hotels are sub $200 a night where they used to be $500. Like to know other members thought on prices that have traveled there in the last few weeks.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by nwa330
With the currency at 57 to the dollar how great of a time is it to travel? I notice 5* hotels are sub $200 a night where they used to be $500. Like to know other members thought on prices that have traveled there in the last few weeks.
Travel there frequently and was there last week. With the fall of the Russian Ruble, hotel and restaurant prices are much more affordable. Definitely worth a visit if it's on your bucket list.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Current rate is 60Rub/$. So quite a deal compared to the last few years
For the first February weekend IC Tverskaja is $150/night, HI Suschevskiy is an even better deal at $33. Restaurant prices in roubles have not yet largely increased, though some products under "sanctions" will be expensive or tough to find. But you probably aren't going to Moscow for USDA steaks or French oysters
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
If you want a nice 5* hotel in Moscow, imho, Swissotel beats them all.

Regards
J
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
69.71 at the moment and falling.

http://www.forexpf.ru/chart/usdrub/

Crazy few days for the currency markets
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:52 pm

It's unlikely that the current bonanza on Roubles would be allowed to persist for more than a few days. In the meantime some lucky travelers can probably score spectacular bargains!!! ^ I'd love to hear what people managed to buy during these panic days.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
It's unlikely that the current bonanza on Roubles would be allowed to persist for more than a few days. In the meantime some lucky travelers can probably score spectacular bargains!!! ^ I'd love to hear what people managed to buy during these panic days.
what if the Rouble drops to below 117 as those on FoxNews are predicting?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by TENYKS
what if the Rouble drops to below 117 as those on FoxNews are predicting?
I'd expect that local services and goods with primarily Russian content will be a real bargain. That should include food, lodging, transportation/fuel, local pharmaceuticals/healthcare.
Imports and anything containing internationally traded parts (like cars, electronics) will gradually rise in price to match other countries.

Last edited by MaxVO; Dec 23, 2014 at 3:51 am
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I'd expect that local services and goods with primarily Russian content will be a real bargain. That should include food, lodging, transportation/fuel, local pharmaceuticals/healthcare.
Imports and anything containing internationally traded parts (like cars, electronics) will gradually rise in price to match other countries.
glad that my satellite TV provider has just dumped FoxNews from its channel line-up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.