Passport Rules for under 48 hours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport Rules for under 48 hours?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Question Passport Rules for under 48 hours?

Have a 15 hour layover on my way to budapest with aeroflot and there is a 15 hour layover at SVU. Is there any sensible way I could leave the airport and go sight see in moscow? I thought i remembered seeing something about an under 48 hr temporary visa thing. Any comments/advice would be nice
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
What's the country of your passport? For most the answer will be "no".
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
Russia has been thinking of instituting something along the lines of the People's Republic of China's 72-hour visa-free transit policy for certain passport-holders but they haven't done it yet, as far as I know.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RussianTexan
Russia has been thinking of instituting something along the lines of the People's Republic of China's 72-hour visa-free transit policy for certain passport-holders but they haven't done it yet, as far as I know.
My Visa is in the USA, and yeah this is what I was thinking of. So in order to step out of the airport and checkout moscow for a long layover I dont have any option but to get a normal tourist visa?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by TheCrispyToast
My Visa is in the USA, and yeah this is what I was thinking of. So in order to step out of the airport and checkout moscow for a long layover I dont have any option but to get a normal tourist visa?
With an American passport, yup, pretty much. You can look into getting a transit visa instead of a tourist visa, though. If that's simpler & requires less paperwork.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.