Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Possible safety issues with a short layover in Russia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking at flying from Tokyo to Budapest this Summer with Aeroflot with a short layover in Russia. With everything that is happening with Russia and Ukraine I was wondering if I should look into another route or if I should be okay with a route through Russia. Thanks for the help in advance!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:14 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Are you flying through Moscow? I wouldn't worry about it. There is currently no unrest there. Even if there is, airports are usually not affected.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by flesh1mp
I'm looking at flying from Tokyo to Budapest this Summer with Aeroflot with a short layover in Russia. With everything that is happening with Russia and Ukraine I was wondering if I should look into another route or if I should be okay with a route through Russia. Thanks for the help in advance!
Unless you're a Ukrainian who has become known for making anti-Russian comments, highly unlikely that there would be any safety problems connecting in Russia.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:31 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
flesh1mp, welcome to FlyerTalk! Let me move this to the dedicated forum on Russia, for further discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old May 24, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: UAL Premier Gold, HHonors Gold, B6 Mosaic
You won't have any problems. And SVO's renovated Terminal D is quite pleasant to transit through!
Old May 25, 2014, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Unless you're a Ukrainian who has become known for making anti-Russian comments, highly unlikely that there would be any safety problems connecting in Russia.
I would also add

- LGBT Activist

- Opposition to United Russia (aka Traitor)

- On the hated by Russia list. This would include, Senator John McCain, R-Arizona

Everyone else should be ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.