Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Single visa invitation letter or multiple invitations for family ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, AF Silver

Hello FTers

I'm planning to travel with my family to Moscow (wife, son and myself). For the visa application do I need to obtain three separate invitation letters or will one mentioning all names be sufficient ? The reason I ask is that most agencies seem to be charging per letter. Would like to avoid any unnecessary costs if possible.

Thank you.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:57 pm

Are you staying at a major hotel? Don't most major hotels provide free invitation letters?
Old May 4, 2014, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, AF Silver
It is separate invite letters

ok...I have completed my visa formalities. And I thought I should share some info for future travelers. You do need separate invite letters for each member of your family. The hotel that I was booked at, provided these letters free of cost.

One other interesting piece of knowledge I gained when I went to the Russian consulate was that in case you you were only transiting through Russia (< 72 hours), you don't even need to submit an invite letter ! That was definitely interesting because if you plan carefully , you can easily build a 5 to 6 day stopover in Russia without the hassle of invite letters, etc.
Old May 9, 2014, 7:58 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

I just applied for visa at Washington, D.C. And found out if you apply for a 3 year visa you only need the first place invite but if you are applying for single entry you will need a invite letter from each city or hotel. The letters will be provided free for good hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.